What was the last film you watched?

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV

Reaction score
Awards

Yes, another one. But I watch them mainly for the set designs, and this movie has some cool rooms. No gore whatsoever so it's also doable for those who don't like horror.

Mel O'Drama

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Angels & Demons

Another first. It was an enjoyable way to pass 2 and a half hours, but not as gripping as the previous film (which apparently is actually the sequel to this story in the novels). This one felt significantly more ersatz Bondian or Bournian. After viewing the original, the "twist" could be seen coming from the moment the relevant character appeared onscreen. Ian McKellen's absence did it no favours, either.​

Mel O'Drama

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Happy Is The Bride

With a cast of very familiar faces and breezy British charm of the late Fifties. This is another film that was new to me.​

James from London

International Treasure
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards

Part screwball comedy, part moving relationship drama, very compassionate and funny, hugely watchable with lots of great characters. It reminded me a bit of Annie Hall and also made me want to re-watch Alan Parker's Shoot the Moon, which I haven't seen in years.

Last edited:

Emelee

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Ture Sventon. The 1972 version.
The private investigator with the flying carpet and the million disguises, forever in pursuit of his arch-enemy Ville "the weasel" Vessla.

Seaviewer

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
My Big Fat Greek Wedding (2002)

I watched the sequel a little while ago, which put me in the mood for a rewatch of the original.

James from London

International Treasure
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards

Mel O'Drama

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Oh gosh, I remember walking out of the cinema during that film!

Oh wow. I'd love to know more about this. If memory serves I've only ever done this twice. And only one of those was purely down to my enjoyment of the film.

In fact this entire train of thought could be derailed into a new thread (if I had a proclivity for intellectual property theft).