
View attachment 18300
The movie alternates between a Stephen King type of a story and a Shutter Island twist. I would have preferred the first, but it turned out to be the latter (probably because it's the most popular and modern solution).
Pity that they created all this eerie stuff only to retcon it as a mad man's memory in the final-final twist.
Unless the writers are also part of the conspiracy….![]()
Is that Linda Evans picture from Dynasty? It looks amazing!
It could almost be Audra Barkley from The Big Valley later in her life.It would have been nice to see Krystle more casual and outdoorsy like this from time to time.
I like the sound of this. Kidman and Farrell both starred in the remake of the Beguiled, but I didn't like that as much as the original. Nothing to do with their performances though. More the directors choices. I think I will try and see this.Based on the Greek tradgedy Iphigenia, this was one weird and twisted movie, and I kind of loved it. It continually shocked and surprised me as it grew ever more dark and bizarre. Most of the performances are great, especially from the younger members of the cast, but Colin Farrell feels somehow out of place and I would have preferred someone else in the role. The actors mostly deliver their lines in a deadpan, matter-of-fact kind of way, which works for Nicole Kidman and the kids, but not so much in Farrell's performance. Also it was nice to see Alicia Silverstone in something again. It's not exactly a horror movie, but it sure as hell is unsettling. It messes with your head as it's hard to get a handle on characters motives and emotions, and the plot doesn't fill in all the blanks, so there's a constant tension and sense of dread and mystery.
![]()