Which shows do you have the COMPLETE series for on DVD?

J. R.'s Piece

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
A few more additions to my collection...
Jesus of Nazareth 1977 miniseries

I Claudius 1976

And on a lighter note....
The Complete Frankie Howerd Collection
Jesus of Nazareth. I love ITC stuff. All the way back to The Adventures of Robin Hood with Richard Greene.

I found Connie sandwiched between Man in a Suitcase blu-ray, Survivors, Doctor Who series 12, The New Adventures of Charlie Chan (TPA/ITC) and Sunday Night at the London Palladium, featuring appearances by Frankie Howerd, Sid James and George Raft. And underneath I Claudius.

J. R.'s Piece

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The Persuaders

The Zoo Gang
That looks lovely on blu-ray. The Network blu-ray versions each feature production material not on the Network DVD releases. Although the DVD of The Zoo Gang features exclusive Barry Morse material. But the blu-ray has all the episode teaser bits intact, whereas the DVD doesn’t.

I today stumbled across a box set of all seven series of the 60s-70s Mission Impossible. Which I had misplaced, due to it being disguised as 35 sticks of dynamite.

J. R.'s Piece

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Peter Gunn (Timeless Media all-in-one of this 1958-61 NBC/ABC jazz-flavored detective series w/the late Craig Stevens in the title role)
Craig Stevens! Now he was a Man of the World.
55697B2B-4E48-431B-BFDA-22D87716DCF9.jpeg

I often wonder what happened to guest stars Anthony Quayle, Patrick Troughton, Warren Mitchell, John Carson, David Graham, Peter Dyneley, Jane Merrow, Noel Harrison, Patrick Wymark, Juliet Mills, Shirley Eaton, Peter Jones, Alfred Burke, Geoffrey Keen, Burt Kwouk, Donald Sutherland and Carlos Thompson.

And the show had a spin-off!
E203D066-1332-462A-AB79-97110432A90F.jpeg

I often wonder what happened to guest stars Diana Rigg, Donald Sutherland, Warren Mitchell, Suzanna Leigh, Carol Cleveland, Anton Rodgers, Judy Parfitt, Dennis Price, Patrick Allen, Sue Lloyd, Annette Andre, Anneke Wills, Jeremy Bulloch and William Mervyn

Last edited:

bmasters9

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Honey West (1965-66 half-hour ABC detective/spy series w/the late Anne Francis in the title role)

honeywest1.jpg
honeywest2.jpg

J. R.'s Piece

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Honey West (1965-66 half-hour ABC detective/spy series w/the late Anne Francis in the title role)

View attachment 21188 View attachment 21189
I read that that came about after Aaron Spelling had caught some of Honor Blackman as Cathy Gale in The Avengers. It is mentioned in an Avengers book that Honor was offered the part of Honey West and turned it down.

bmasters9

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The Man From U.N.C.L.E: repackaged all-in-one DVD of this 1964-68 NBC spy/adventure series w/Robert Vaughn and David McCallum

15938206513227069886223016078499.jpg

Last edited:

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Funny how they try to impress the consumer with "every episode ever made", as if it were a 1000-episodes-obscurity from the 1950s.

bmasters9

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Kate & Allie (VEI all-in-one of this 1984-89 6-season [first go was a midseason replacement in 1984] CBS comedy w/Susan Saint James and Jane Curtin in the title roles, et al.)

kateallie1.jpg
kateallie2.jpg

bmasters9

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Kate & Allie was like the sitcom version of Cagney & Lacey so I guess it's appropriate that VEI have done the DVD set. :)

Never considered it that way!

J. R.'s Piece

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I’ve got every surviving episode of Ace of Wands on DVD. And every episode of Fury, starring Peter Graves and Bobby Diamond. And every surviving episode of Public Eye and Callan, including their Stephanie Beacham guest appearances.

Emelee

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Added:
The Worst Week of My Life
The Armstrong & Miller Show
Death in Paradise
Arvingerne (The Heirs)
Lewis

Absolutely Fabulous
'Allo! 'Allo!
Anna Holt
The Armstrong & Miller Show
Arvingerne (The Heirs)
A Young Doctor's Notebook
Bangkok Hilton
Barna Hedenhös uppfinner julen (The Hedenhös Children invent Christmas)
Beetle Bailey
Benidorm
The Bible
Blackadder
Black Books
Blackpool + Viva Blackpool
Blekingeligan
Bletchley Circle
Bron (The Bridge)
Catastrophe
Chasing Shadows
Chernobyl
c/o Segemyhr
Crime and Punishment
Death in Paradise
Den som dræber (Those who kill)
The Diary of Anne Frank
Dirk Gentley
Ebba & Didrik
Electric Dreams
The Fall
Familjen Holstein-Gottorp
Father Ted
Fawlty Towers
Forbrydelsen (The Killing)
Frasier
Friday Night Dinner
The Game
Game of Thrones
Gavin & Stacey
Goda Grannar (Good Neighbours)
The Good Wife
Great Expectations
The Halcyon
Hang Ups
Hedebyborna
Hidden
Houdini & Doyle
House of Cards (UK)
The Inbetweeners
Klovn
Kurt Olsson
Land Girls
Lark Rise to Candleford
Lasermannen (The Laser Man)
Lewis
Lorry
Mad Men
Mapp & Lucia
The Mitchell and Webb Situation
Monty Python's Flying Circus
Morran & Tobias
No Offence
The Office (UK)
Pappas pengar (Dad's Money)
Peep Show
Penny Dreadful
Pistvakt
Plebs
Police Squad
Porridge
Pride and Prejudice
Prime Suspect
Pulling
Resistance
Rome
Scrubs
Seinfeld
Sex and the City
Sunes jul
Svensson Svensson
That 70s show
That Mitchell and Webb Look
The Thick of It
Thirteen
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy
To The Manor Born
The Tudors
Twin Peaks
Ulveson & Herngren
Upstart Crow
Varuhuset (The Department Store)
Vera
Vi på Saltkråkan (Seacrow Island)
War and Peace
Without You
The Worst Week of My Life
The X-files
The Young Pope
Yes Minister
Yes Prime Minister

J. R.'s Piece

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I’ve got Whodunnit? too. And Worzel Gummidge. Whodunnit is fun. I’ve seen just about everyone in it in other stuff. Even though I couldn’t possibly have been alive then, obviously and don’t dare to doubt it. Steven Pacey from Blake’s 7 pops up. He was sent for an audition to Blake’s 7, a programme that he had tried to watch but didn’t think very much of. He opened the script for his tests and was dismayed that he was 15 years younger than the character he was sent to play. Did auditions with producer David Maloney and lead Paul Darrow. And was thinking of complaining to his agent. He got the part and then was living next door to co-star Jacqueline Pearce, which was worked into the script of Tanith Lee’s Sand, when Servalan told Tarrant she was just the girl next door. Although it was a bit odd when Tarrant slept with her, seeing as she had deliberately got his big brother (Steven Pacey with a wig) murdered by an android. And Steven Pacey had a relationship with co-star Glynis Barber.

Last edited: