Biggest Drop in Quality

Which season had the biggest drop in quality?

  • Season 1

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Season 2

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Season 3

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Season 4

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Season 5

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Season 6

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Season 7

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Season 8

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Season 9

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Season 10

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Season 11

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Season 12

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Season 13

    Votes: 16 48.5%
  • Season 14

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • There was never a significant drop

    Votes: 1 3.0%

  • Total voters
    33

Seaviewer

Telly Talk Warrior
Top Poster Of Month
LV
9
 
Awards
20
the plot with Val, Gary, Danny, and Amanda is totally unbelievable,
Knots was never a show that shied away from coincidence, but they may have taken it a little far there. ;)
 

Frank Underwood

Telly Talk Champion
LV
3
 
Awards
9
I can't disagree with this. As big a defender of Paulsen as I am, Season 7 was a bit of a downer. How much the politics behind the camera (the married writer couple who resented his entry into the show) affected the work is an open question. But I, too, got a little bored by it, the tone shifting.
I've thought about that too, but didn't you also say before that all of the primetime soaps had a drabness about them that season?

I had no major problem with Seasons 8 through 10, but Season 13 got into real trouble.
I thought seasons 8 and 9 (with the exception of Laura's exit in season 9) weren't quite as good as seasons 4, 5, and 6. But yeah, they were probably better than season 7.

Season 10, on the other hand, was probably the last solid season IMO. Seasons 11, 12, and 14 were hit or miss, and most of season 13 was pretty dire.
 
Top