Reaction score
Awards

Ked

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Don't know if anyone else has already posted this:

It's every single catfight and slap that occurred on the show, including the Reunion!

Richard Channing

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I've just discovered this YouTube channel that has some trailers for some of the episodes (They seem to focus on the Alexis-centric story lines) and these 3 documentaries, which I think they've made themselves(?), that combine interviews with clips of the show.

Richard Channing

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Sort of more Dynasty adjacent, but that's a good enough reason to watch lots of footage of Jon Erik Hexum. I didn't really know the full story of what happened to him so this was interesting.

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Diahann Carroll on Donahue in 1986, promoting her autobiography. Not much about DYNASTY but it's a nice interview and she's asked some crappy questions by the audience which she handles beautifully. She was wonderful and so stunning.

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Man... maybe it's the lighting, but all those outfits look soooo much better than what the Dynasty Divas actually wore! :lol:

Oh, yes, In the last half of the show and the last half of '80s (I think the video is from 1988), the DYNASTY stars looked far better everywhere else other than the show, what with its flat-lighting and its increasingly bizarre filters and incredibly-splotchy, uber-grainy broadcast prints which looked so bad you couldn't believe they were actually sending it out looking like that (the Lorimar video blur of the same era didn't even look as bad).

Yes, DYNASTY was a ridiculously over-controlled, stifled, suffocated production. And one whose coverage in the media was far more electric and glamorous than the perpetually dead show airing every week on Wednesday nights in the States.

It was a great idea for a series. But, as John Forsythe later said, "The producers didn't know what they wanted (for the show)."

And that bottomless neurosis was evident in virtually every frame of the program, certainly in S3 through S8.

LMLDallas78

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Did any of you Dynasty fans see Joanie on GMB on Wednesday?
Great interview and I admire how she can always laugh at herself yet be very frank.
After that interview she was appearing in London's Oxford Street M&S doing signings of her new book "Behind the shoulder pads."

I'm afraid I've never been a fan of Joan Collins (well she was in the rival soap to Dallas!) But you've got to admire her, and I do after reassuring myself she isn't really Alexis, whatever her name was, Carrington or ColbyCo!

No video sorry (wasn't sure where to put this) it is on YouTube.

20230930_004145.jpg
20230930_004436.jpg

Colterton

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Did any of you Dynasty fans see Joanie on GMB on Wednesday?
Great interview and I admire how she can always laugh at herself yet be very frank.
After that interview she was appearing in London's Oxford Street M&S doing signings of her new book "Behind the shoulder pads."

I'm afraid I've never been a fan of Joan Collins (well she was in the rival soap to Dallas!) But you've got to admire her, and I do after reassuring myself she isn't really Alexis, whatever her name was, Carrington or ColbyCo!

No video sorry (wasn't sure where to put this) it is on YouTube.

View attachment 47840View attachment 47841
Amazing to see that in this interview, this week in 2023, she is wearing the jewellery that she wore in Dynasty for episode 2 of the 7th season in 1986….!

Attachments

• 43609FC1-EE43-4672-AE5B-3C9500251C0B.jpeg
    43609FC1-EE43-4672-AE5B-3C9500251C0B.jpeg
    106.6 KB · Views: 31

LMLDallas78

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Amazing to see that in this interview, this week in 2023, she is wearing the jewellery that she wore in Dynasty for episode 2 of the 7th season in 1986….!
Wow! That really is quite remarkable. I wonder if it's the actual one or a copy she had.
Who knew our Joan was so green!

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Wow! That really is quite remarkable. I wonder if it's the actual one or a copy she had.
Who knew our Joan was so green!
Joan actually re-wears a lot of her older stuff, and has re-worn Dynasty stuff long after it ended. She had a lot of Jewellery she wore on and off the show. A few years ago she was wearing a Nolan Miller short black jacket with big white flowers embroidered on it. She wore it first on Dynasty in the mid '80s.

LMLDallas78

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Joan Collins appeared on Piers Morgan uncensored the other day. Apparently they're good friends and often lunch together as Piers had to mention a couple of times.

Great interview, spoke about Hamas, Holly Willoughby where Joan shared a story of a convicted murderer who persistently wrote to her and shared naked photos.

She spoke about her good work ethic came from her parents and her Father taught her, "Don't get anyone to do anything for you, do it yourself". She said her own mantra was "Eat life of life will eat you".

Piers asked her out of her leading men who would she like to be trapped forever with on a desert island. Joan chose Paul Newman as he does the best salad dressing and would be loyal and very amusing as he had a great sense of humour. She said he fought to have her in the 1958 comedy film "Rally round the flag boys!" The studio wanted Jayne Mansfield, but Paul wanted Joan.

Got to give it to Joan, although plugging her book, she still gives an entertaining, insightful interview.

Screenshot_20231016_110609_Google.jpg
Screenshot_20231016_111412_Google.jpg