Elon Musk buying Twitter

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Again, rightwing media stuff, in terms of the focus and the concentration. Most of that is true, however.

Again, the Clintons are not the only bad actors, but they are among the worst of the worst

You keep repeating that. But that doesn't make it true -- the Clintons are corrupt, but that's par for the course.

Frank Underwood

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
So Mr Musk isn't about freedom of speech after all, he's about restricting voices he disagrees with and amplifying those that he likes.
I interpreted the title of the video to be mocking the current Twitter censors who let Hillary's misinformation slide for six years while restricting voices they disagree with.

I don't recall Musk actually saying he would censor Hillary. He rightly called her post a hoax, and then he tagged the current CEO and a lawyer for Twitter to get their thoughts.

Again, this proves the current tech billionaires are doing exactly what Musk is accused of wanting to do, which is amplifying voices they like and censoring those they don't.

Last edited:

Jock Ewing Fan

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Indiana Jones
Again, rightwing media stuff, in terms of the focus and the concentration. Most of that is true, however.

You keep repeating that. But that doesn't make it true -- the Clintons are corrupt, but that's par for the course.
Well, we have a different perspective, but we can agree that there are real issues

Frank Underwood

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Synopsis: "If spreading misinformation is what gets a person banned from social media, Hillary Clinton may need to be concerned, now that details have emerged pointing the finger of blame at the former Democratic Presidential nominee for fabricating the widely-disseminated story about an alleged connection between the Trump campaign and a Russian-affiliated bank. Videographer nonpareil Matt Orfalea put together another impressive video compilation of media figures repeating the Clinton campaign’s fabrications.

Jimmy and his panel of The Dive’s Jackson Hinkle and American comedian Kurt Metzger discuss the widespread but completely phony story of the Trump Tower-Alfa Bank connection."

Viral Video Exposes Hillary Clinton Spreading Disinformation About Russia - YouTube

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
it surprised me and they are gonna sue him for cancelling it i mean really? it's his choice i think
I believe he had already signed a contract to buy Twitter so he can't pull out without there being consequences.

Angela Channing

LV

Reaction score
Awards
I'm guessing he has that all worked out.
And so have Twitter. Unless Musk can prove that Twitter have breached their contract with him, he could be forced to continue with the purchase or pay them compensation.

Frank Underwood

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I guess we can all breathe a sigh of relief knowing Elon Musk will have no control over speech on Twitter. That's best left to the unscrupulous billionaires who currently do that.

darkshadows38

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
i thought i read somewhere that he had a certain amount of time where he was allowed to pull out of his deal i think it was like 6 months to a year cause it hadn't 100% gone through yet or something like that it takes quite awhile i do not remember where it was i heard it though so bear with m e

Angela Channing

LV

Reaction score
Awards
i thought i read somewhere that he had a certain amount of time where he was allowed to pull out of his deal i think it was like 6 months to a year cause it hadn't 100% gone through yet or something like that it takes quite awhile i do not remember where it was i heard it though so bear with m e
According to Bret Taylor (Twitter Chairman) they signed an acquisition agreement with Elon Musk and it was filed with the US Securities and Exchange Commission. The agreement states that Musk would have to pay Twitter $1billion if he walked away from the deal but additionally they can sue Musk for further billions for breach of contract.

Rove

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I've also been reading Twitter are reluctant to hand over information to Musk on how many Spam Bots or fake accounts Twitter is accommodating. Musk, in this regard, is correct in requesting that information. Twitter are saying it's less then 5% while Musk believes it's much higher. Even high profile celebrities have been caught out inflating their perceived number of followers.

If I was about to hand over a few billion dollars for a company which implies it has 100 million customers only to discover after the purchase that number was only 80 million I'd be annoyed as hell. If Musk goes ahead with the deal and then discovers those spam bots and fake accounts were much higher then previously thought does he have the right to sue Twitter or the previous owners for false information?

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I've also been reading Twitter are reluctant to hand over information to Musk on how many Spam Bots or fake accounts Twitter is accommodating. Musk, in this regard, is correct in requesting that information. Twitter are saying it's less then 5% while Musk believes it's much higher. Even high profile celebrities have been caught out inflating their perceived number of followers.

If I was about to hand over a few billion dollars for a company which implies it has 100 million customers only to discover after the purchase that number was only 80 million I'd be annoyed as hell. If Musk goes ahead with the deal and then discovers those spam bots and fake accounts were much higher then previously thought does he have the right to sue Twitter or the previous owners for false information?

So even if he buys the company, the company doesn't have to turn over such information about the company to the new buyer...?

Fascinating.

Frank Underwood

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Elon's Twitter takeover is officially complete, and he's already fired people. I'm not a fan of Musk, but I have a feeling his Twitter reign won't be boring.

As for free speech, Musk now states "Twitter obviously cannot become a free-for-all hellscape, where anything can be said with no consequences!" There are laws pertaining to speech on the books. I'm not sure if this is what Musk is referring to, or if he also plans to censor speech at his discretion.

Source: https://www.reuters.com/markets/deals/elon-musk-completes-44-bln-acquisition-twitter-2022-10-28/