Filming Locations

TJP

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Great to know - do you have the location of the exterior shot of the restaurant from the street ( with fountain) where Ben and Emily met in “The Trial” pt.2 in Season 6. Looks like LA. @TJP @GillesDenver

Unfortunately, I don't have any information on any of the locations in your recent posts. Establishing shots are pretty difficult to come by because, as Gilles said, they are — in most cases — stock shots from film libraries and not listed in any of the production documents. I know a lot of them from cross-referencing various shows though. But the ones you are looking for are not among them. I took screen grabs of all "Dynasty" locations that still need to be identified and go through them every once in a while to check if I have gotten new clues from any other productions in the meantime, so I'll definitely post them whenever I get new information.

TJP

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
@Matty5
So glad to hear about your trip. Enjoy all these beautiful sites and buildings! I've been on so many "Falcon Crest" trips myself, and the L.A. parts have always given me lots of opportunities to see "Dallas", "Dynasty" and "Flamingo Road" locations as well. It's so much fun!

Matty5

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
@Matty5
So glad to hear about your trip. Enjoy all these beautiful sites and buildings! I've been on so many "Falcon Crest" trips myself, and the L.A. parts have always given me lots of opportunities to see "Dallas", "Dynasty" and "Flamingo Road" locations as well. It's so much fun!
Thank you my friend. Yes I am based in California - I like your work you have done here with @GillesDenver . “Dynasty” made good use of Los Angeles area locations. Thank you but I’m not a fan of Falcon Crest or Flamingo Road but Dallas was good.
I have a few locations from “Dynasty” on my phone from the last year or so since I work here now. I’ll post soon of course.

GillesDenver

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Thanks to @TJP and a friend of his, a few more locations from season 3 had been identified.

I am still convinced it was Mulholland Tennis Club. Shooting schedules are sometimes changed on short notice because something might have come up, from weather conditions to scheduling conflicts, the need to work around an actor who called in sick or whatnot, so they might have planned to shoot at UCLA, but probably had to rearrange and go to Mulholland in the end.
You were right @TJP , it was eventually not filmed at UCLA as it was planned but at Cheviot Hills Park Tennis Court.

1699473683682.jpeg

1699473691437.jpeg

# 3.18 "Reunion in Singapore":

No idea about the location of the Deseret (sic!) Motel — scene with Adam and Kirby plus (later) Jeff — unfortunately.
It was located around Woodley Park and Balboa Park but I can't find it the exact spot ? Could it be Cabana Motel ? Or Cinema Motel ? Or Starlight Inn ? It's hard to say.
Scenes in car (Kirby & Adam + Jeff) were filmed at Burbank blvd, Victory blvd,

Matty5

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Thanks to @TJP and a friend of his, a few more locations from season 3 had been identified.

It was located around Woodley Park and Balboa Park but I can't find it the exact spot ? Could it be Cabana Motel ? Or Cinema Motel ? Or Starlight Inn ? It's hard to say.
Scenes in car (Kirby & Adam + Jeff) were filmed at Burbank blvd, Victory blvd,
You are right about the drive scenes in “Reunion in Singapore” this screen shot ( see below) shows around Burbank / Victory Bvld - there is a clear curve to the right in the road. I’m wondering exactly where this was - I imagine the motel is right near there.
That must be downtown Burbank in near distance.
IMG_7542.jpeg

Last edited:

captainarcher

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Shining
Update on # 5.22 "Parental Consent":

This is probably the most exciting find for "Dynasty" fans ever...
I just located the King Galen's winter palace in Moldavia. Still the same, but the stag may have been removed from the fountain (at least as far as the blurry bird’s eye view on Google Maps allows that judgment). It is 243 North San Rafael Avenue, Pasadena, CA 91105.
It seems that there are no pictures on the web (at least not on a quick search), and Google Street View only shows a very simple gate for street numbers 241 and 243 near the corner of North San Rafael Avenue and Chateau Road. If you go a little more south on Street View and look up in northwestern direction, you can at least catch a glimpse of the mansion’s tower.
I have not made any further research about the property yet. Curious to learn more though...
View attachment 48000

These older screen grabs are from "Barnaby Jones:
View attachment 48001
View attachment 48002
View attachment 48003
View attachment 48004
View attachment 48005

great find!!!!
here are some captures from Google earth

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2023-11-15 à 18.51.42.png
    Capture d’écran 2023-11-15 à 18.51.42.png
    3 MB · Views: 34
  • Capture d’écran 2023-11-15 à 18.50.12.png
    Capture d’écran 2023-11-15 à 18.50.12.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 33
  • Capture d’écran 2023-11-15 à 18.50.03.png
    Capture d’écran 2023-11-15 à 18.50.03.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 33

Matty5

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
In Season 8 , Episode 7 “ The Testing ” - the establishing shot is the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum Stadium in the Exposition Park neighborhood at USC.
The actual filmed stadium shots and football scenes later in the Season we know where filmed at Pierce College in Woodland Hills.
Pic 1 — from episode
2 — comparison.

Attachments

• IMG_7788.jpeg
    IMG_7788.jpeg
    633 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_7818.jpeg
    IMG_7818.jpeg
    84.2 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

Matty5

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
@TJP @GillesDenver
Do you have a picture of the Atkinson house (exterior) which featured in an episode of Season 8. I believe later in the season , one episode featured the exterior. I will be able to find this as I believe in Woodland Hills near the Marriott (not far from Virginia’s house in Season 9).
Thankyou

GillesDenver

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
@TJP @GillesDenver
Do you have a picture of the Atkinson house (exterior) which featured in an episode of Season 8. I believe later in the season , one episode featured the exterior. I will be able to find this as I believe in Woodland Hills near the Marriott (not far from Virginia’s house in Season 9).
Thankyou
This is the establishing shot for the Atkinson's house.

Attachments

• vlcsnap-2022-09-04-01h14m29s888.jpg
    vlcsnap-2022-09-04-01h14m29s888.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 23

Matty5

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
This is the establishing shot for the Atkinson's house.

Thank you this is findable when I am in Woodland Hills next.
There is an episode later in Season 8 where you see the street number address on the sidewalk / edge of street , can you find that number? Or it’s on the house in that shot you posted - I can’t quite see number .

Last edited:

TJP

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Thank you this is findable when I am in Woodland Hills next.
There is an episode later in Season 8 where you see the street number address on the sidewalk / edge of street , can you find that number? Or it’s on the house in that shot you posted - I can’t quite see number .

Unfortunately, the street number is so blurry. I went back to the DVDs, but I can't really figure it out — it might be 1153, 1158, 1159 or 1252, 1258 or 1259. The first generation of European PAL DVDs of the later seasons was not remastered. I think the streaming version in the U.S. has remastered picture, but I don't have access to it. If you can get access to the newly remastered episodes, you might want to look for the establishing shot in # 8.06. I hope you'll find the house.

Matty5

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Unfortunately, the street number is so blurry. I went back to the DVDs, but I can't really figure it out — it might be 1153, 1158, 1159 or 1252, 1258 or 1259. The first generation of European PAL DVDs of the later seasons was not remastered. I think the streaming version in the U.S. has remastered picture, but I don't have access to it. If you can get access to the newly remastered episodes, you might want to look for the establishing shot in # 8.06. I hope you'll find the house.

Thank you I’ll look into it

Matty5

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
This LA shot first appeared in “The Aftermath” Season 6 premiere in 1985 directed by Robert Scheerer.
Any clue?

Attachments

• IMG_8014.jpeg
    IMG_8014.jpeg
    774.8 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

TJP

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
This LA shot first appeared in “The Aftermath” Season 6 premiere in 1985 directed by Robert Scheerer.
Any clue?

Unfortunately not. I'm always thinking of Wilshire Boulevard around the area where Metroplex Wilshire is located, but it's not a match.

The lettering on the buildings is not legible in the DVD resolution. Otherwise, I would have researched where these businesses used to be. Can you read them in the U.S. streaming maybe?

Last edited:

Matty5

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
In Season 4, Episode 25 “The Engagement” there is a scene as Congressman Neal McVane goes up to Alexis’s Rolls Royce parked in the forecourt area of her building right after it cuts from Mark on the balcony. Filmed nearly 40 years ago in mid March 1984.

This was shot at The Westford Condo at 10750 Wilshire Bvld in Westwood, LA. ( built in 1980) The almost identical building they use almost next door from Season 3-6 is The Longford at 10790 Wilshire Bvld. Both are identical exterior wise but the lobby’s differ with the Westford having a marble ornate / black circular floor ( see screen grab below) . I am pretty sure they used this lobby/ forecourt for this reason as it’s more richer looking with the flooring and lobby / forecourt generally - I visited both recently . Here are pictures - you also see the background building which is the Kimpton Hotel structure.
The Longford and Westford mirror each other on Wilshire in this exclusive area in Westwood.
Interesting stuff ! @TJP @GillesDenver

Attachments

• IMG_8805.jpeg
    IMG_8805.jpeg
    399.8 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_8812.jpeg
    IMG_8812.jpeg
    686.7 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_8836.jpeg
    IMG_8836.jpeg
    72.5 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

GillesDenver

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I'm not sure about the exact location of Charlie Brown's Auto & Truck Repair / Gas Station in the scene with Miles and "Randall", but it looks like from the Santa Clarita / Newhall area to me, also considering that a few scenes were filmed at Golden Oak Ranch (see below).
Not sure if this is still part 1 (# 6.06) since the DVD release presents "The Titans" as one episode.
I've got some call sheets for "The Titans" and I have the adress : 16869 Sierra Highway in Canyon Country.

The cut scene at the desert storefront was filmed at 16374 Sierra Highway in Canyon Country.

And the other cut scene at the Phoenix Motel was shot at Santa Clarita Motel - 24971 San Fernando Road, Newhall.

Last edited:

TJP

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I've got some call sheets for "The Titans" and I have the adress : 16869 Sierra Highway in Canyon Country.

The cut scene at the desert storefront was filmed at 16374 Sierra Highway in Canyon Country.

And the other cut scene at the Phoenix Motel was shot at Santa Clarita Motel - 24971 San Fernando Road, Newhall.

Great finds! Thank you!