No! JR asked her if she'd dated Moses!! :D

Last edited:

Grangehill1

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Bobby died
Then a doctor later found signs of life. That doctor was Jerry Kenderson who was on shift that night. Using Mark’s money and connections Bobby (who has fallen into a Coma) is taken to a private clinic somewhere. This then paved the way for Mark returning knowing what had happened to Bobby.
At the beginning of season 9 Bobby would have woken up, causing Mark to flee and Jerry to confess all

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Bobby died
Then a doctor later found signs of life. That doctor was Jerry Kenderson who was on shift that night. Using Mark’s money and connections Bobby (who has fallen into a Coma) is taken to a private clinic somewhere. This then paved the way for Mark returning knowing what had happened to Bobby.
At the beginning of season 9 Bobby would have woken up, causing Mark to flee and Jerry to confess all
I find this intriguing, I really do but I just can’t see Mark doing that to Pam. I just don’t think he would be part of a coverup that would hurt her that way. Yes, it would definitely work to his benefit to have Bobby out of the way but I can’t see him doing that.

Rove

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Any solution where Bobby is revived after flatlining and secretly spirited away has less credibility than the dream solution.
If we accept everything up to Bobby dying what would have been the point of him hiding from his family. Katherine would remain dead because she died on screen. There was nothing in the story leading to this catastrophic event where the FBI would remove him for his own personal safety. It's the person who came up with the hair-brain idea of putting the dream scenario on Pam instead of Bobby which stuffed everything up.

If it was Bobby's dream - which most now accept would have been the preferred choice - then the writers would have had some wiggle room with the audience to accept. And has anyone thought that Bobby was in bed with Pam while she was having this season spanning dream?

Chris2

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Bobby’s dream/coma is the best solution, IMO. Then you can actually retain some of what happened during season 8, because the family has been talking to Bobby about what’s going on while he’s in his coma. And you have the fun hook of the events that they didn’t tell Bobby about while he was comatose, and how Bobby finds out about them once he recovers.

Grangehill1

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I find this intriguing, I really do but I just can’t see Mark doing that to Pam. I just don’t think he would be part of a coverup that would hurt her that way. Yes, it would definitely work to his benefit to have Bobby out of the way but I can’t see him doing that.
Mark happily chased Pam when she was married. Make Jerry Kenderson the shady character then and he persuaded Mark. Mark was desperate to come back into Pams life and this way he has. Maybe they thought Bobby would never wake up and that was part of their plan. And then he did

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Mark happily chased Pam when she was married. Make Jerry Kenderson the shady character then and he persuaded Mark. Mark was desperate to come back into Pams life and this way he has. Maybe they thought Bobby would never wake up and that was part of their plan. And then he did
I’m still not crazy about this idea but I will say that I like it better than what we got. I could’ve lived with it over the dream.

Katherine would remain dead because she died on screen
In hindsight I didn’t like the idea of killing Katherine off. I would much rather she didn’t die at the scene and maybe flees the scene instead and goes back into hiding. Then she could be tied into Bobby disappearing from the hospital if they were to go that route as an explanation a year later. Again, not an idea I’m a big fan of but it is another alternative to Pam’s dream.

Seaviewer

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
If we accept everything up to Bobby dying what would have been the point of him hiding from his family. Katherine would remain dead because she died on screen. There was nothing in the story leading to this catastrophic event where the FBI would remove him for his own personal safety.
There's no need for third party intervention. As I've previously said, it's Bobby's own choice not to rejoin the family until he's sure his recovery is complete.
Bobby’s dream/coma is the best solution, IMO. Then you can actually retain some of what happened during season 8,
If Bobby is merely out of sight, you can retain all of the season.

TheDeadBobby

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Groundhog Day
Yeah, that dream episode really killed the reality of the show for me.

They should have made it so Bobby was in a coma and put him on hold until they decided for sure what to do. I've seen football players take harder hits, so it wasn't like he was going to be dead or anything.

Even if it went the whole season and Bobby came back, he could have then punched out whoever was messing with Pam and then jumped back into the show without any ridiculous 'pretending that an entire season was Pam's dream' :crazyme:

Mustard

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
What I can't believe is the number of people who actually think it was the right thing to bring Bobby back after he had been dead for a whole season (31 episodes). It's completely crazy. And Bobby's death was very well done, and a great end for the character. All undone. Was it worth it?

Last edited:

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
And Bobby's death was very well done, and a great end for the character. All undone. Was it worth it?
I’ve said this on another thread recently but in hindsight Swan Song was the perfect ending to the show. If it had ended there I would’ve been fine with it. Did I feel this way then? Of course not but I do now. Or end it with the last episode of the Dream Season and make us wonder all these years later how Bobby got into that shower.

Mustard

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I’ve said this on another thread recently but in hindsight Swan Song was the perfect ending to the show. If it had ended there I would’ve been fine with it. Did I feel this way then? Of course not but I do now. Or end it with the last episode of the Dream Season and make us wonder all these years later how Bobby got into that shower.

It's irresistible not to see how things carry on without Bobby. Dallas needed a new dynamic.

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
It's irresistible not to see how things carry on without Bobby. Dallas needed a new dynamic.
I did like watching the first few episodes of the dream season without him. But soon after the will reading and everyone starts to move on I just lose interest in that season for awhile til the last few episodes when I start to enjoy it again.

I did like seeing a different dynamic of Dallas for a change but it didn’t have the same feel for me without Bobby. I think JR needed the little brother to spar with for things to be the same.

Jabari Lamar

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I did like watching the first few episodes of the dream season without him. But soon after the will reading and everyone starts to move on I just lose interest in that season for awhile til the last few episodes when I start to enjoy it again.

I did like seeing a different dynamic of Dallas for a change but it didn’t have the same feel for me without Bobby. I think JR needed the little brother to spar with for things to be the same.
Totally agree. Dallas to me was the story of J.R. vs. Bobby. The show needed them both. And thus I supported the dream resolution as the best and most efficient way to get Bobby back and resume the old dynamic.

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Totally agree. Dallas to me was the story of J.R. vs. Bobby. The show needed them both. And thus I supported the dream resolution as the best and most efficient way to get Bobby back and resume the old dynamic.
I respect that opinion. I do like the fact that there are people who like the dream resolution. I for one never have but I think it’s good that we all look at it differently. It’s a polarizing subject to say the least.

TheDeadBobby

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Groundhog Day
What they could have done is turn Pam into some kind of freak show where every time she dreams, she isn't really dreaming but she actually is exploring a porthole to another parallel earth where most everything was the same, yet some things weren't, such as Bobby, who was still alive in one of the portholes. That way they could spin off a completely different 'Dallas' show with dramatically different episodes from that point forward which would allow Lorimar to double their money.

Of course the new split would have to offer radical changes to keep the audience interested such as instead of living in Dallas, the split show would be taking place in down town Cleveland, and instead of oil, they would be mining salt, and JR could actually be a cyborg robot with deep crime power that no one ever thought possible and with connections in Chicago where the mob takes control over the entire planet and starts gutting all the riches from all the other nations to build Cleveland into an amazing empire which eventually turns into it's own country that leads into terrorizing the entire solar system once they gain the scientific technology and power to navigate the earth to anywhere at any time with the power to launch bombs large enough to blow up other planets and stars.

Pam of course would turn into the clever control freak that would foil many of JR's best designed evil plans and she would win many times to keep the show raging on for years to come! Yes!! I can see this working!

:popcorn:

Last edited:

Luke_Krebbs_Ewing

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
The Lord of the Rings Trilogy
It would've got one if season nine had kept the original end of season cliff hanger of Miss Ellie discovering Ben Stivers with Jock's belongings and him revealing to her that he's Jock. :)

Last edited:

Seaviewer

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
What I can't believe is the number of people who actually think it was the right thing to bring Bobby back after he had been dead for a whole season (31 episodes). It's completely crazy. And Bobby's death was very well done, and a great end for the character. All undone. Was it worth it?
Right thing? At the time there was great deal of excitement and mystery generated by the prospect of his return and I was eager to learn the explanation. In retrospect I do tend to believe that he should have stayed dead, but a more practical solution would at least have been less detrimental.