You all are so sharp that I'm going to set out a true-life one minute mystery for you to solve:
Notice the pumps above are mechanical. If gas was 32 cents per gallon (which it was in 1972) then you would open the pump and rotate the gears to meter 32 cents per gallon.
If the price went up to 37 cents, you would open the pump and rotate the gears to 37 cents per gallon. And when prices dropped back to 32 cents, you would rotate the gears back to 32 cents.
There was no way to set the gears above 99 cents, because we never thought gas would cost over 99 cents.
Then. . .
in 1979 (the year Dallas began), gasoline jumped overnight to $1.22 per gallon.
Here is your one minute mystery:
If the gears only go up to 99 cents, then how do you charge your customers $1.22? I know how they did it at the station above, because I was there.
Do you know how they did it?