Locations

K

Karin Schill

Guest
Welcome back to the board and thanks for all the cool info about where we can find different filming locations. :gotcha:

Here's a pic of a portion of the Mandalay Canals at Las Colinas. The bridge was seen in an episode. I think Holly and Bobby walked along the canal when it was determined there was to be no relationship. Marilee and escort were taking a gondola ride along here also.

View attachment 16434

Thanks I didn't realize this was actually in the Dallas area before. I think they also filmed a scene where Bobby and April were talking business while walking alongside the river in season 10.
 

johnmmil10

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
1
Other locations, for those who may not know...

Cliff's offices when his momma gives him Wade Luce's oil company is at the Campbell Center, Rt75 and Northwest Hwy. The buildings still look great!

Ewing Oil building is Renaissance Tower, Elm St., Dallas.

Bobby's Ewing Oil is Fountain Place.

Carter Mackay's Westar is Bank of America Plaza, Dallas.

I don't know the building where Jeremy Wendell had his offices.

In season 4, the building shown for Wendell’s office was actually located at 555 California Street in San Francisco!
 

johnmmil10

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
1
I watched the scene where Lucy and Gary went to meet Valene. The HOT BISCUIT was next to Texas Pipe / Equipment Supply. The club across the street could also be a clue. But 40 years is a long time. There's not Texas Pipe around Dallas/Ft Worth now, at least not one that shows up on Google. Ugh...
The Hot Biscuit is no more. It was located where the building in the left is. The pipe shop was located where the building on the left is located. https://goo.gl/maps/AehYEzg8CTfckUWC6
 

Taylor Bennett Jr.

Telly Talk Winner
LV
5
 
Awards
12
Slight change of subject, but is their an actual Bradock, Texas?

interestingly, it was usually (or sometimes, anyway) Braddock with two Ds, but when Sue Ellen was driving home drunk in Season 1 after tying one on in JR's office, the road sign clearly says 'Bradock'. Was this a rare case of alcohol-induced 'single vision'?

opE9KaC.png
Z2gVWaa.png

CETWjtC.png
 

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
0
 
Slight change of subject, but is their an actual Bradock, Texas?
Hey... There's no Braddock TX, but it has a nice Texas ring to it. There is a road, a Braddock Pl, south of Dallas near Dallas Exec Airport, just off of Rt 67. I had wondered about that years ago, but back then didn't have Google.
 

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
0
 
I love these threads because, aside from the fact that they're informative and fun, it makes me not feel like I'm the only weirdo who looks up these things! :)
Yeah...I really like the city, and have been a 'boys fan since my late teens, which was a while ago. I lived in Irving back in '82. I remember hearing about the crew walking/filming at Irving Mall, tho' I don't know which scenes were shot there. My guess it would have been shown during the season beginning Sept '83.

When I lived there for about 9 mos, the "Ewing" building was the tallest, and Thanksgiving Square was just being built.
 

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
0
 
interestingly, it was usually (or sometimes, anyway) Braddock with two Ds, but when Sue Ellen was driving home drunk in Season 1 after tying one on in JR's office, the road sign clearly says 'Bradock'. Was this a rare case of alcohol-induced 'single vision'?

Great catch! That's impressive!
 
Last edited:

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
0
 
It's why I've always enjoyed Soapchat. We may go off topic (like I am now) and be sometimes too harsh on our favourite soap but I like the fact we can share information about Dallas without being treated like an idiot.
Agree big time! Funny...these days when I say, using a polite term for now, that I'm a "Dallas junkie", most of the time people look at me and say "What's Dallas?". It just blows me away that it's been off the air for 26 years.

I think for me, since I like the city and area and lived there for 9mos, looking up locations brings me closer to the memory and the city too. I think it helps keep things familiar and personal when watching the show, and keeps ties to the area in some odd way that I enjoy.
 

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
0
 
Dallas Bldgs.png

Wendell's Westar is NOT this. It's located at: 555 California Street, San Francisco, CA. Credit Johnmmil10 above.

The view is looking east. Thanksgiving Tower is across the street from Thanksgiving Square, where Bobby had his talk with Bill Orloff.

During the baby's abduction early dvd season 3, Bobby comes out of Cliff's OLM building, which is across the street from the Ewing building.
 
Last edited:

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
0
 
Does anyone know where Cliff’s main home is? The one from approx season 5 until the end? Turtle Creek somewhere but what’s the exact address?
I missed the address info posted above, but cannot delete this post.
 
Last edited:

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
0
 
Welcome back to the board and thanks for all the cool info about where we can find different filming locations. :gotcha:



Thanks I didn't realize this was actually in the Dallas area before. I think they also filmed a scene where Bobby and April were talking business while walking alongside the river in season 10.
Thanks, Karen. Yeah, I remember your name. Appreciate the welcome!
 

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
0
 
15000 Summertime Ln, Culver City, CA 90230
Wow! Great info. This is awesome!!! Looks like Culver City is coming up a lot. Was the studio also in Culver City at the time?

According to Google maps for Culver City, there is a section of studios between Culver Blvd and Washington Blvd, including Lorimar Telepictures.

Culver Studios.png
 
Last edited:

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
0
 
Hunt Home.png

An older Hunt mansion for sale on White Rock Lake, on Realtor.com

4009 W Lawther Dr, Dallas, TX 75214
 
Top