Locations

Taylor Bennett Jr.

Telly Talk Winner
LV
5
 
Awards
12
That station is located in Waxahachie!
https://goo.gl/maps/UZzQdTAnAtdJBuTR6

and all this time I thought the Atlantic Ocean was what's between Dallas and Italy!

MLWEEZJ.png
 

johnmmil10

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
1
you almost never see any chain restaurants or stores on the show, but here we see Lucy eating at a Stuckey's after stealing JR's car and running away to see her mother

4Ypv2u0.png


(it's breakfast time, presumably, so little Lucy didn't go for the Big Meal Special)
Don’t forget about the time Sue Ellen and Peter met at Pizza Hut in ‘The Buck Stops Here.’2E38BF17-295D-450E-B77F-8234BF674235.jpeg
 

johnmmil10

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
1
In season six Ray and Donna travel to Emporia, Kansas. Wylie’s Ballard Avenue was where they made their entrance to town.
https://goo.gl/maps/qFxMTXCUSrDpJopx9

The station where Mickey worked is still on Ballard Avenue.
https://goo.gl/maps/icaRTEFvS5JULa1Y9

Just across the street was Aunt Lil’s house. Good thing Mickey didn’t have too long of a commute, but Lil should have been able to see him working from the front porch. In real life a lot of work has gone into restoring this historic home.
https://goo.gl/maps/97GWRwQj3KGPLwi19

That’s not all that was filmed in Wylie. More for next time!

Going back to Wylie, Texas for this post.

In Dallas:War of the Ewings J.R., Bobby, and Sue Ellen stop in Amarillo for lunch at the Ranch House where they are joined by Ray in a bar fight. The interior and exterior of this locale is located just outside of Wylie in Sachse.
https://goo.gl/maps/f9SKGbxazBt8cHAT6
 
Last edited:

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
0
 

Wow! What gave it away? Or maybe I'll see it when I get there...I'm finishing up S4 this week.
 

johnmmil10

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
1
The name was behind the stage or on a wall I believe. Looked for Ranch House in the Dallas area and I found just outside of Wylie. It is actually located in Sachse. I was wrong when I said it is in Wylie.
 
Last edited:

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
0
 
This is where Kristen was calling JR from, to extort money from him in the final ep of season 4. Corner of Pickwick Ln and Northwest Hwy, Dallas.

Last Kristen Apt.png
 

johnmmil10

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
1
Back to Wylie.

The old State Bank was located on Ballard Avenue. In season 10 Bobby and John Carter leave the bank and walk down the street (first row). In season 12 the bank serves as the Braddock County Courthouse (second row). Now it houses offices and an art center (third row).
19070FC4-84B1-42F2-80A9-28227568B153.jpeg
 

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
0
 
Back to Wylie.

The old State Bank was located on Ballard Avenue. In season 10 Bobby and John Carter leave the bank and walk down the street (first row). In season 12 the bank serves as the Braddock County Courthouse (second row). Now it houses offices and an art center (third row).
View attachment 16614
Interesting how the camera guy is blocking the down-street view. I wonder if it's that way through the whole scene. I'll find out when I get there.

Question...was Wylie also used for Haleyville, or Landowne (Dove Hunt)? I have to go back to review that ep.

Great info! Excellent!
 
Last edited:

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
0
 
Bill Dilks said:
Question...was Wylie also used for Haleyville, or Landowne (Dove Hunt)? I have to go back to review that ep.

OK...doesn't look like Landowne. The RR tracks with terrain don't match up. Plus the raised concrete walk isn't there...tho' that could've been changed.
 

Taylor Bennett Jr.

Telly Talk Winner
LV
5
 
Awards
12
Interesting how the camera guy is blocking the down-street view. I wonder if it's that way through the whole scene. I'll find out when I get there.

Question...was Wylie also used for Haleyville, or Landowne (Dove Hunt)? I have to go back to review that ep.

Great info! Excellent!

That would be tremendous if someone found Landowne!

zmLeaDI.png
ihA9Q6u.png
uCqXYIN.png
gECR5UF.png
96oArp3.png
AnCd8dL.png
 

johnmmil10

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
1
Some schools we saw on Dallas...

Sue Ellen drops off John Ross at school.
2911 Overland Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90064

Naldo kidnaps Charlie.
16500 Shadybank Dr, Dallas, TX 75248

Bobby and Pam visit Jenna where she works and Charlie goes to school.
6423 Walnut Hill Ln, Dallas, TX 75230
1C632403-A8D3-4DC4-9B8A-6E56EB895E42.jpeg
 

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
0
 
Excellent j10. I used to know where Naldo had Bobby see Jenna after Naldo and Jenny were married. When I get to the episode, I'll know more.

Q: Do you do this with other things too? I do it with LA and things I see from some posts on youtube sometimes, especially Beverly Hills.
 
Top