Locations

Bill B.

Telly Talk Member
LV
0
 
Anyone know the airport location for episodes Act Of Love and Survival?...[both episodes show the same main entrance to an unknown airport]
 

Attachments

  • PDVD_000.JPG
    PDVD_000.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 72
  • PDVD_001.JPG
    PDVD_001.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 75
  • PDVD_000.JPG
    PDVD_000.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 70
  • PDVD_001.JPG
    PDVD_001.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 81

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
0
 
Looks like DFW in the 80's as I remember, having been through there a few times. Here's a pic I found.

sinkhole-runway-dfw-airport.si.jpg


https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf...BAgCEAE&biw=1920&bih=976#imgrc=I92mNq-yuH2TJM:
 
Last edited:

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
0
 
Bill B. - awesome job on the hotel, Turtle Creek park, and especially the Ft Worth pavilion. So tell me, what prompted you to search Ft Worth? I was honed in on Dallas for those first 5 pilots.
 

johnmmil10

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
1
Bill B. - awesome job on the hotel, Turtle Creek park, and especially the Ft Worth pavilion. So tell me, what prompted you to search Ft Worth? I was honed in on Dallas for those first 5 pilots.
Bill is on a roll! Way to go!

Thought that hotel was a little too Vegas-y with those lights!

Also, thought it was perfect that they filmed in Ft. Worth since that is where the story was set. I like it when the on screen action action matches the story.
 

Bill B.

Telly Talk Member
LV
0
 
Bill B. - awesome job on the hotel, Turtle Creek park, and especially the Ft Worth pavilion. So tell me, what prompted you to search Ft Worth? I was honed in on Dallas for those first 5 pilots.
The skyline didn't look like the Dallas skyline .
 

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
0
 
The skyline didn't look like the Dallas skyline .
Excellent! What caught my eye, but couldn't reconcile, was the tall building in the background. It looks like it has a color band around the top, like Bryan Tower in Dallas. But if I remember correctly, that color band was done years later to add a touch of style and distinction to the otherwise basic exterior.

What's cool is that it's close to the stockyards.

This thread makes me really appreciate the efforts of the location managers. It's not just finding sites that fit the tone of the scene and look interesting on film. It's about moving and accommodating the equipment, the surrounding area, as well as legal permissions, as well as lots of other things I don't know about. It's a complex business, especially the outside shots where you can lose days due to weather, costing a lot of money and scheduling time.
 
Last edited:

Bill B.

Telly Talk Member
LV
0
 
Another location from Season 2...episode-"Election"...Trying to locate Cliffs election headquarters......I can see a number on the building besidePDVD_001.JPG the headquarters [11162].Also the next building down has 11164.I believe this location is in the Los Angeles CA. area.I have tried matching the building numbers to many streets in the city but nothing so far.Anyone have any ideas?.....
 

Taylor Bennett Jr.

Telly Talk Winner
LV
5
 
Awards
12
Another location from Season 2...episode-"Election"...Trying to locate Cliffs election headquarters......I can see a number on the building besideView attachment 18285 the headquarters [11162].Also the next building down has 11164.I believe this location is in the Los Angeles CA. area.I have tried matching the building numbers to many streets in the city but nothing so far.Anyone have any ideas?.....
Another location from Season 2...episode-"Election"...Trying to locate Cliffs election headquarters......I can see a number on the building besideView attachment 18285 the headquarters [11162].Also the next building down has 11164.I believe this location is in the Los Angeles CA. area.I have tried matching the building numbers to many streets in the city but nothing so far.Anyone have any ideas?.....

I can't tell if it's 11162 or just 1162 with a shadow/sign border on the left


Tvkqb01.png


some earlier LA storefront locations were on Sepulveda Blvd, but this one doesn't appear to on that street
 

Taylor Bennett Jr.

Telly Talk Winner
LV
5
 
Awards
12
Another scene from the "Election" episode from Season 2.Seems like I saw this location find somewhere in this thread.Can't seem to locate it now.Anyone?
oh, I think it was discussed earlier in the thread - it's the Ambassador Hotel or something like that. The place where RFK was shot!
 

Taylor Bennett Jr.

Telly Talk Winner
LV
5
 
Awards
12
interestingly, I think Election was the first episode filmed in LA. The previous episode, the much-maligned Runaway, has outdoor scenes at the real Southfork and a couple of the other locations were identified earlier to be in the Dallas area.

I don't think there were any outdoor Southfork scenes in Runaway, so I'm guessing the also much-maligned fake soundstage wasn't ready yet.
 
Last edited:

Bill B.

Telly Talk Member
LV
0
 
interestingly, I think Election was the first episode filmed in LA. The previous episode, the much-maligned Runaway, has outdoor scenes at the real Southfork and a couple of the other locations were identified earlier to be in the Dallas area.

I don't think there were any outdoor Southfork scenes in Runaway, so I'm guessing the also much-maligned fake soundstage wasn't ready yet.
Yes,Election was the first episode where we saw use of the MGM sound stage in Culver City.Exteriors of LA started showing up in episodes after Runaway.
 

Taylor Bennett Jr.

Telly Talk Winner
LV
5
 
Awards
12
Definitely the Ambassador Hotel.
it’s interesting - I’ve seen it written that Cliff, in the early days of the show when he hadn’t become a buffoonish loser, was supposed to be something of a Bobby Kennedy type.

I wonder if there was any meaning to having his early political aspirations crushed in the place RFK was shot. I kind of doubt it, but it’s fun to speculate.
 

Bill B.

Telly Talk Member
LV
0
 
I have a few City Park locations..... Not sure if anyone here had already found these...….Episode-"Election" [Season-2/Episode-8]......Pam and Cliff walking in a park...[ Cheviot Hills Recreation Center-Los Angeles,CA. ].....https://goo.gl/maps/oD9G8X4ZDkAyAMAf7
 

Attachments

  • 72360435_401735640750922_4831111452288876544_n.jpg
    72360435_401735640750922_4831111452288876544_n.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Top