Locations

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
0
 
Thought you guys might find this interesting!......A friend of mine was the Creator/Executive Producer of a mid 1970s NBC TV series.He cast Tina Louise for a part in one of his episodes in 1974.According to him and a few others who worked on the set/episode she was a PAIN! [ I chose not to use the word they used to describe her!]

Yeah...heard that about Gilligan's Island also. But tho' she may have had a reason to be, she did her job well. In 1974, that's just a shame for such a lovely and personable actress. Thanks for posting that.
 

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
0
 
Back to Malibu. Found point shots on google maps of Jory's beach house...didn't notice 'em before.

First two are Bobby and Jory on the beach followed by a google point shot of the same beach in front of the Paradise Cove Beach Cafe.

In the third pic, looks like the house Bobby rented next to Jory is gone.

In the fourth pic, the drive up to Jory's house is a parking lot. Makes sense for film shooting...no issues with traffic and plenty of room for equipment.

upload_2019-11-19_19-39-35-png.18800


upload_2019-11-20_10-40-4.png

upload_2019-11-20_10-48-42.png

upload_2019-11-20_10-58-2.png
 

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
0
 
I've been trying to place the Cattlemen's Club establishing shot below. On Facebook there's a Benihana with the pic at the location. But, I ate at that Benihana in the early 80's and don't remember it looking like this. If the blue building was there then, it may have been refaced or replaced. Don't know. But I don't have much faith in that FB post.

29178720_10211653970285884_7089679150885109760_n.jpg
 

Taylor Bennett Jr.

Telly Talk Winner
LV
5
 
Awards
12
I've been trying to place the Cattlemen's Club establishing shot below. On Facebook there's a Benihana with the pic at the location. But, I ate at that Benihana in the early 80's and don't remember it looking like this. If the blue building was there then, it may have been refaced or replaced. Don't know. But I don't have much faith in that FB post.

29178720_10211653970285884_7089679150885109760_n.jpg
what’s the address where they placed it? (sorry if I missed above!)
 

Taylor Bennett Jr.

Telly Talk Winner
LV
5
 
Awards
12
You didn't miss it. I didn't include it. My bad...

Guido posts that this was where the one shot was done. Don't know.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cattlemens-Club-Dallas/1004871889650689

7775 Banner Dr
Dallas Tx 75251

things sure have changed since bourbon was the drink of choice at the Cattlemen's

KEFR8bi.png



hm, yeah, where's that glass-windowed building at the location from FB? (the one where they drink Thai food :))

could it be this 'triumph' building? The proportions look wrong, but we've seen that things get distorted in these photos and google street view.

XiCmFqR.jpg
 
Last edited:

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
0
 
My guess is...it was razed. I'm thinking it's now Windsor Senior Living based on a street view angle.

upload_2019-11-21_14-39-48.png
 

Taylor Bennett Jr.

Telly Talk Winner
LV
5
 
Awards
12
My guess is...it was razed. I'm thinking it's now Windsor Senior Living based on a street view angle.

View attachment 18852

I feel they should have shot at least one Cattlemen's scene right inside the Benihana - the boys talking oil business over double bourbons as touristy Japanese food is flamboyantly prepared at a birthday party table in the background. (Of course, it probably wasn't a Benihana yet then)
 

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
0
 
I feel they should have shot at least one Cattlemen's scene right inside the Benihana - the boys talking oil business over double bourbons as touristy Japanese food is flamboyantly prepared at a birthday party table in the background. (Of course, it probably wasn't a Benihana yet then)

So that poses the question: According to the FB post, Benihana was around 1980. Yet we see Bobby at the bar with Holly Harwood later during the codicil war. So tho' the establishing shot was used numerous times, the interior was likely a set...not "standing". My guess is it was a re-use of an existing set.

Still, sake would've been an interesting drink choice.

upload_2019-11-21_16-53-58.png
 
Last edited:

johnmmil10

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
1
I put the Cattlemen’s exterior at 4851 Lyndon B Johnson Fwy. It has since been demolished and replaced.
E619838B-1C68-44C7-98DE-49593B2F499E.jpeg
That puts it at the spot where the tall building at the center of the picture posted above. See the building to the right of it through the trees? That’s the building shown in the screenshot someone posted earlier. And the building shown to the far left? That’s the hotel that provided production assistance for season 4 and where J.R.’s hospital pool therapy scenes were filmed.

It looks like it was torn down between 1981 and 1989.
53E1C82B-47FA-475C-BFDE-3B6181AA087B.jpeg
 
Last edited:

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
0
 
I put the Cattlemen’s exterior at 4851 Lyndon B Johnson Fwy. It has since been demolished and replaced.

Looks like you got it again. I had scanned that LBJ corridor and jumped right over that building. The thinner glass line around the top nails it, as does that entrance. And it looks to me like it was nearing completion during the Cattlemen's photo.

I was coming at it from the wrong angle...was expecting it to be more squared or rectangular without that bit of extra on the Galleria side of it. The building along side of it caught my eye until I looked at the building base.

Great job, bud.
 

Retired Account 1

Telly Talk Active Member
Retired Member
LV
0
 
Awards
3
Looks like you got it again. I had scanned that LBJ corridor and jumped right over that building. The thinner glass line around the top nails it, as does that entrance. And it looks to me like it was nearing completion during the Cattlemen's photo.

I was coming at it from the wrong angle...was expecting it to be more squared or rectangular without that bit of extra on the Galleria side of it. The building along side of it caught my eye until I looked at the building base.

Great job, bud.


an other screen cap of DallasIMAGE 22-11-2019 À 15.39.jpeg
 

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
0
 
Wondering something about locations, regarding Ray's first house. By the time Ray "had" is house, there may have been sets for standing interiors, and Ray's interior may have been one.

My question: Was the house already built, and they used it for exterior shots only, due to it's proximity to SF? Notice the curtain is usually pulled going in and out. Or, could it, possibly, have been built for the show - doubtful but possible? Just some thoughts as I was creating my hills vs flat post in the ABC's thread.
 

johnmmil10

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
1
M
Wondering something about locations, regarding Ray's first house. By the time Ray "had" is house, there may have been sets for standing interiors, and Ray's interior may have been one.

My question: Was the house already built, and they used it for exterior shots only, due to it's proximity to SF? Notice the curtain is usually pulled going in and out. Or, could it, possibly, have been built for the show - doubtful but possible? Just some thoughts as I was creating my hills vs flat post in the ABC's thread.
My guess was the convenience to Southfork.

CAD shows it was built in 196o!

EFCB4B46-D97C-4E71-A729-49DE6545BEE2.jpeg

https://www.collincad.org/propertysearch?prop=361691
 

Retired Account 1

Telly Talk Active Member
Retired Member
LV
0
 
Awards
3
IMAGE 25-11-2019 À 13.26 (1).jpeg IMAGE 25-11-2019 À 13.26.jpeg Capture d’écran 2019-11-25 à 13.22.46.png

season 6 episode 5 jock's will . Rebecca and Cliff have lunch in a French restaurant !!!
as a French guy I'm proud to have find the real location!!!!! I have found an ad in an old Texas Monthly !!!!
 
Top