Locations

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
0
 
Anyone recognize the wooden sign in the picture here with the Fire dept. vehicle? [it's on the left in front of the vehicle] It's seen [or one just like it!] in the "Diggers Daughter" episode scenes at the Willow Creek apartments.This photo was snapped on March 21 ,1983 at the apartments as they were on fire! Positive proof that John has found the right location!....

Great eye, BillB. Good catch!
 

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
0
 
OK...in my humble opinion, taking into consideration where the all and trees likely are and the road and approach to the apt.

1 - slightly curved road with wall and trees.
2 - as she rounds the curve, you can see on film the trees & wall behind, and what looks to be an island to Pam's left as Pam is entering, but that part of the road goes up to the side of the building to her left.
3 - she passes one entrance to another parking area on her right.
4 - about where she pulls into her parking spot
5 - apt

I now see the bridge between the two ponds in the background. That confirms my view of Pam's path to/from her apartment. The bridge is seen just over the top of the railing above the rear of the car. Takes a moment to see, at just about where the #2 is on the map.

upload_2019-12-10_17-9-10-png.19143


pdvd_000-jpg.19170
 
Last edited:

Taylor Bennett Jr.

Telly Talk Winner
LV
5
 
Awards
12
man, even legendary Dallas private investigator Dan Marsh would have been hard pressed to find an apartment complex shown rather obliquely for about a minute in a 1978 TV show that had been demolished over 10 years ago! Phenomenal!

NQn4BZn.png
 

johnmmil10

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
1
OK...in my humble opinion, taking into consideration where the all and trees likely are and the road and approach to the apt.

1 - slightly curved road with wall and trees.
2 - as she rounds the curve, you can see on film the trees & wall behind, and what looks to be an island to Pam's left as Pam is entering, but that part of the road goes up to the side of the building to her left.
3 - she passes one entrance to another parking area on her right.
4 - about where she pulls into her parking spot
5 - apt

View attachment 19143
I think that is a good deduction, Bill!
 

johnmmil10

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
1
View attachment 19169 View attachment 19170 View attachment 19171 View attachment 19172 Anyone recognize the wooden sign in the picture here with the Fire dept. vehicle? [it's on the left in front of the vehicle] It's seen [or one just like it!] in the "Diggers Daughter" episode scenes at the Willow Creek apartments.This photo was snapped on March 21 ,1983 at the apartments as they were on fire! Positive proof that John has found the right location!....View attachment 19163

Good find! The information out there is scarce. Nice confirmation!
 

Bill B.

Telly Talk Member
LV
0
 
Good find! The information out there is scarce. Nice confirmation!
The "Historic Aerials" website has a great 2001 aerial view of the apartment complex.You can clearly see the parking lot where Pam parks and her apartment building.Once again,awesome location find John! [Incredible!]
 

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
0
 
Still wondering about one of Mark's establishing shot homes. I don't remember seeing it more than once or twice. This was before he took off and faked his death. The dream season house recently discussed was near Hancock Park in LA.

s07e03 THE LETTER 19:22

screen-shot-2019-09-08-at-2-45-41-pm-png.17890
 
Last edited:

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
0
 
Then there's this house from s07e18 TWELVE MILE LIMIT, where Mark proposes to Pam and wants to buy a new house for just the 2 of 'em.

upload_2019-12-13_19-37-52.png
 

johnmmil10

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
1
Don’t forget that they filmed his house at 4800 Park Lane in S08E06. That man had so many on-screen houses!

I was watching S08E27 tonight and noticed something. Amanda’s sanitarium and Mitch’s hospital appear to be filmed at the same place!

5B76980D-3F4E-491F-8816-161639954E0A.jpeg C37D2B96-DCAE-4BB5-9AC4-4D859CF26831.jpeg FFB4EB2A-EAB6-4C04-9D9F-A08E1D347E33.jpeg

But where was it? I’ll have to do some exploring in California!
 

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
0
 
Don’t forget that they filmed his house at 4800 Park Lane in S08E06. That man had so many on-screen houses!

I was watching S08E27 tonight and noticed something. Amanda’s sanitarium and Mitch’s hospital appear to be filmed at the same place!

View attachment 19192 View attachment 19191 View attachment 19193

But where was it? I’ll have to do some exploring in California!

Yeah...interesting for sure. Never picked up on that. And it was 4800 Park Ave, as someone mentioned here, where Pam went to see Mark's car, and Tilly answered the front door.
That's something I also didn't pick up on until mentioned. Since I've studied the house on REALTOR.com, it stands out now, even though it was substantially remodeled.

4f80df54521c52688a869a1400aff749l-m1xd-w1020_h770_q80.jpg
 

johnmmil10

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
1
Don’t forget that they filmed his house at 4800 Park Lane in S08E06. That man had so many on-screen houses!

I was watching S08E27 tonight and noticed something. Amanda’s sanitarium and Mitch’s hospital appear to be filmed at the same place!

View attachment 19192 View attachment 19191 View attachment 19193

But where was it? I’ll have to do some exploring in California!

That mystery was solved sooner than expected. These scenes were filmed at The Motion Picture and Television Country House and Hospital (23388 Mulholland Dr, Woodland Hills, CA)

Thanks to this article for the quick help: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...oods-retirement-home-list-stars-look-own.html

AB8D4EC9-7BC8-42A5-B30D-368A9AEBF275.jpeg 9BFC0782-E47F-4BE8-A293-6D966712A6E3.jpeg
 

Retired Account 1

Telly Talk Active Member
Retired Member
LV
0
 
Awards
3
Then there's this house from s07e18 TWELVE MILE LIMIT, where Mark proposes to Pam and wants to buy a new house for just the 2 of 'em.

View attachment 19190

I'm also looking for that location because I guess it's the mansion used for the house of Matt Houston , I you remember that tv show. I have the dvds with several scenes but can't find the real location, it's near a lake or a river
 

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
0
 
jm10...good link, tried to view but too much garbage loading in the background and kills my 1g/sec connection and pc.

What brought you to that link? A hunch?
 

johnmmil10

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
1
jm10...good link, tried to view but too much garbage loading in the background and kills my 1g/sec connection and pc.

What brought you to that link? A hunch?

Just a little bit of luck, I guess. I was looking for “los angeles retirement home” to see if I found anything. When I threw in the word “cottages” (from the scenes with Amanda) I saw the pictures from the article that looked like the scenes from Dallas. I was kind of disappointed the search was solved so quickly given how little screen time and clues I had to work with.

As for the home Mark considered buying, it is interesting that it appeared in Matt Houston. I thought that might help resolve it more quickly. I’ve been looking for that this morning, but I am coming up with nothing. Maybe that lead will pan out though!
 

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
0
 
Has it been conclusively established that Mark Graison and Matt Houston are indeed different people?

untitled-5.1.jpg
i278397.jpg

I think Tom Selleck conveyed much more personality on-screen than did Lee Horsely. I understand Selleck turned down the Houston role as not wanting to play a wealthy investigator, and wound up as Magnum.

upload_2019-12-14_17-0-0.jpeg
 

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
0
 
Here's the drive up to Mark's proposal house. Could've been at a filming ranch, or even around Portrero Rd. CA obviously, as you can see the hill in the background as Pam and Mark walk.

I keep getting drawn to Sherwood Lake on Potrero Rd. Problem is new development.

upload_2019-12-15_11-32-20.png

upload_2019-12-13_19-37-52-png.19190


upload_2019-12-15_11-38-35.png

...from MATT HOUSTON, which may help. Note the water upper right. Does it come down to the road?
upload_2019-12-15_13-53-28.png
 
Last edited:

Retired Account 1

Telly Talk Active Member
Retired Member
LV
0
 
Awards
3
happy!!!!!!!! found the location of the Mall in season 2 "Sue Ellen sister

Westfield century city Los Angeles

and also night scene in the previous episode !






vlcsnap-2019-12-17-15h22m00s566.jpg vlcsnap-2019-12-17-15h21m34s963.jpg vlcsnap-2019-12-17-15h24m35s083.jpg 5fayy9vmk4s21.jpegIMAGE 17-12-2019 À 15.35.jpeg IMG_3945.jpeg vlcsnap-2019-12-17-15h22m00s566.jpg vlcsnap-2019-12-17-15h21m34s963.jpg vlcsnap-2019-12-17-15h24m35s083.jpg 5fayy9vmk4s21.jpeg
 
Last edited:

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
0
 
Excellent! You matched up the mall in relation to the 2 towers.

Way to go CR...great shots and great job matching things up, like the planters and evening stroll location.


5fayy9vmk4s21-jpeg.19249



Matching the important buildings to above:
- Mall is outlined in red.
- A is used for the establishing shot for Angelica's curved hotel, identified earlier in this thread. It's in the above shot over the mall building that starts with letter 'B'.
- B was built after the shot above.
- C is the piece of building shown above to the left.
upload_2019-12-17_15-5-0.png
 

Taylor Bennett Jr.

Telly Talk Winner
LV
5
 
Awards
12
happy!!!!!!!! found the location of the Mall in season 2 "Sue Ellen sister

Westfield century city Los Angeles

and also night scene in the previous episode !






View attachment 19246 View attachment 19247 View attachment 19248 View attachment 19249View attachment 19250 View attachment 19251 View attachment 19246 View attachment 19247 View attachment 19248 View attachment 19249

Sure looks like the location of the first of Ray and Donna's many, many breakups as well!

zVdJUfG.png
 
Top