Locations

johnmmil10

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
1
2C74394A-1237-4814-87EE-129E7DFD945E.jpeg Dandy visited the Champion Lounge in season 11. It was located on San Jacinto in downtown Dallas. It was either to the left of the liquor store shown or in that spot. I read conflicting information. However, it no longer stands. In its place is a parking lot and a 7-11.
Before demolition of the lot:
B6CDE577-2939-4CDD-BE87-8942474F188D.jpeg
https://goo.gl/maps/mMQsn5zZSMNrcPEh9
 

Miss Texas 1967

Telly Talk Addict
LV
0
 
Awards
6
Season 13, Bobby and Jeanne O'Brien visit a home for sale. I presume California because of the mountains in the first picture and the home style, but other than that I wouldn't know where to begin to look. Anyone know?

UElyvAA.png


PyWc5Ao.png


EScNJ8A.png


xxpJGC1.png
 

Bill B.

Telly Talk Member
LV
0
 
I recently subscribed to a newspaper archive online.I found many articles from the first year of the Dallas series filming [1978] I have attached a few images from the newspaper clippings I was able to find.[I found the location mentioned in these articles last year after much searching!]..….Sorry about the labeling of my Facebook page on each image here.I always give credit to anything I find on the net that someone else has posted.It's the right thing to do! [Unfortunately some folks on Facebook have used my many months of research & pictures on my FB page and not credited my page.]….ENJOY!.....Many thanks to Bill Dilks for this awesome Dallas filming locations forum!
 

Attachments

  • DJNP91582118788 (1).png
    DJNP91582118788 (1).png
    398.2 KB · Views: 104
  • BPVrk1582117813 (1).png
    BPVrk1582117813 (1).png
    166.9 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:

Bill B.

Telly Talk Member
LV
0
 
More articles/pictures from the Prosper Texas filming in 1978.[Notice the top of the article has NBC instead of CBS!]
 

Attachments

  • 3BM6Y1582116924 (1).png
    3BM6Y1582116924 (1).png
    262.4 KB · Views: 138
  • S5QgF1582116495 (1).jpg
    S5QgF1582116495 (1).jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:

Bill B.

Telly Talk Member
LV
0
 
More articles/pictures from the Prosper Texas filming in 1978.
 

Attachments

  • QoTt41582117326 (1).jpg
    QoTt41582117326 (1).jpg
    187 KB · Views: 139
  • EMEIH1582117543 (1).png
    EMEIH1582117543 (1).png
    76.5 KB · Views: 90

Bill B.

Telly Talk Member
LV
0
 
Lastly,one more article about the filming in Prosper Texas in 78.
 

Attachments

  • gdMgW1582118213 (2).png
    gdMgW1582118213 (2).png
    154.2 KB · Views: 139

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
0
 
Season 13, Bobby and Jeanne O'Brien visit a home for sale. I presume California because of the mountains in the first picture and the home style, but other than that I wouldn't know where to begin to look. Anyone know?

My thought at this point would be to begin around Thousand Oaks CA, from JMJ Ranch to Westlake Lake. Seems quite a bit has been done there over the years.
 
Last edited:

johnmmil10

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
1
Season 13, Bobby and Jeanne O'Brien visit a home for sale. I presume California because of the mountains in the first picture and the home style, but other than that I wouldn't know where to begin to look. Anyone know?

My thought at this point would be to begin around Thousand Oaks CA, from JMJ Ranch to Westlake Lake. Seems quite a bit has been done there over the years.

I haven’t had any luck finding this one. Thought I was really close a couple of times, but I never find the match.
 

Miss Texas 1967

Telly Talk Addict
LV
0
 
Awards
6
I haven’t had any luck finding this one. Thought I was really close a couple of times, but I never find the match.

Me neither, I just spent 30 mins or so while Soapchat was down combing through current real estate listings for the area of homes built c. 1986-1990 and also the satellite maps for orangy roof tiles and nothing. Loads of beautiful California homes but not the ones pictured above.
 

johnmmil10

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
1
We have talked about 5020 Swiss as a Southfork filming location. We know it doubles the place Sue Ellen was staying in the dream season and Dusty meets her outside. Today I present it to you as Marilee Stone’s home in season 11.

The brick color is the same as what we can see on exterior photos. Notice the fountain in the corner of the pool and notice the steps that stretch across it (Marilee is standing next to them).

AD46A204-BC3D-431D-9E60-9E547198356F.jpeg

Looks like a match. Also, as Casey is walking out to the pool he passes through a few sets of French doors. I can’t help if those are the doors that lead to the home office that @Bill B. discovered would be later rebuilt as a soundstage set!

Marilee’s pool can be seen is S11E07 and S11E08.
 

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
0
 
We know it doubles the place Sue Ellen was staying in the dream season and Dusty meets her outside.

I didn't know that about Swellen in s11. Excellent! Yep...looks like a match to me too. The fountain, square cement around fountain, the grass to the right of the fountain, the walk from the other side of the fountain. Good eye, jm10, as always!!!
 

johnmmil10

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
1
Thanks for the kind words, @Bill Dilks!

Kimberly Cryder opens her gift from J.R. In front of the ladies at the committee meeting.

B726E3E1-04BE-489C-8683-85B68BC8DA90.jpeg

This was filmed behind the Alex Camp house at the Dallas Arboretum at 8525 Garland Road in Dallas.

This Google Map location is pretty close to the area where the scene pictured above was set: https://goo.gl/maps/uQX2TbUGzqJNvb9g7. You will notice the addition of a tent here. These come and go temporarily at the Arboretum depending upon the event taking place.
 

johnmmil10

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
1
April and Bobby go dancing at Borrowed Money in S11E11. When watching the episode, you can make out the name behind the stage.

504CB9F9-5621-4EB4-9298-51CC0F704423.jpeg
D Magazine had this to say about the now closed venue:

If you’re looking for a honky tonk with zero culture shock then Borrowed Money is the place. From the parking lot you can tell a whole lot about a honky-tonk. Here there are very few pickup trucks (the vehicle of choice of the honky-tonk faithful) and a lot of foreign sports cars. Borrowed Money attracts the attractive, who are not necessarily concerned with preserving the rednecked integrity of a traditional honky-tonk. This honky-tonk has a style all its own and on weekends it’s packed with fashion ranchers and poster cowgirls. 9100 N. Central, at Park. 949-CASH.
https://www.dmagazine.com/publications/d-magazine/1992/november/the-ultimate-honky-tonk-tour/​
 
Last edited:

Lastkidpicked

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
4
 
Awards
9
@Miss Texas 1967 posted the sexiest picture I've seen all week!

That appears to be an early 1980's Buick Regal Grand National. If it is, and if it is in good condition, then it is worth far more than Bobby's Mercedes parked in front of it.

How can we tell if that beauty is a Grand National?

On my small phone screen I can't be sure, but the first clue is the two tone paint. The second clue is the back tires appear to be wider than the front tires.


EScNJ8A.png


Just look at that stance! It looks ready to leap forward and devour any car that dares to race it.

And the body lines just go on forever!

I'm getting a little light headed here, just looking at it!

Sexy, sexy, sexy!
 
Last edited:

Lastkidpicked

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
4
 
Awards
9
And if Jeanne O'brien was Pamela recast, then her taste in cars would make sense, evolving a little but not changing.

EScNJ8A.png


2016-08-26_22-57-48-640x426.jpg
 
Last edited:

Bill B.

Telly Talk Member
LV
0
 
We have talked about 5020 Swiss as a Southfork filming location. We know it doubles the place Sue Ellen was staying in the dream season and Dusty meets her outside. Today I present it to you as Marilee Stone’s home in season 11.

The brick color is the same as what we can see on exterior photos. Notice the fountain in the corner of the pool and notice the steps that stretch across it (Marilee is standing next to them).

View attachment 20217

Looks like a match. Also, as Casey is walking out to the pool he passes through a few sets of French doors. I can’t help if those are the doors that lead to the home office that @Bill B. discovered would be later rebuilt as a soundstage set!

Marilee’s pool can be seen is S11E07 and S11E08.
You are the man John!...As my FB page only deals with the 1978 locations I had never searched for any other filming at 5020 Swiss.I wish I had the season 11 DVD set to watch the scenes you have noted.I have up to season 9 of Dallas only....Great job!
 
Last edited:

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
0
 
Regarding the 5020 Swiss Ave Den and Culver City sets being used after s0208 ELECTION.

s02e02 - Bobby with Garry #1 in the "den", 5020 Swiss Ave. Note the white wing-tip chair /lamp to Bobby's right, and no bar. Looks like a reddish lighting.

s02e11 - with Jock and Ray in TRIANGLE. Note the old den in use. Some scenes were obviously shot pre-season, and this was one of them. Looks like the same room in s02e02, white wing-tip chair /lamp & no bar. Row of legal-type books are about Ray's head height.

The last pic is s02e08 - ELECTION, with Culver City den, referencing the bar, not seen in s02e11. The wing-tip chair looks darker...but could be lighting. Lamp shade is slightly different. Row of legal-type books are about Lucy's head height with different binders.

Interesting...

upload_2020-2-1_17-19-21-png.19941
upload_2020-3-11_16-24-43.png

upload_2020-3-11_16-41-38.png
 
Last edited:
Top