Nick Toscanni was supposed to come back for Krystle in season 7's cliffhanger

Artur

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
How about Claudia? She had reasons to take revenge on anybody who was on the wedding and she was the groom's dead wife. Her death was still a fresh case. All the people, who weren't here enemies had left the party earlier: Alexis, Dominique, Ben. The remaining rest minus Leslie was the people who had hurt her in some way. Adam and Dana should have been there instead of Leslie, who would have stayed with Dex. Before the wedding some strange things would have happened and unstable Sarah Curtis would have been accused of them while the real troublemaker would have turned out to be Claudia.

Last edited:

colbyco

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
How about Claudia? She had reasons to take revenge on anybody who was on the wedding and she was the groom's dead wife. Her death was still a fresh case. All the people, who weren't here enemies had left the party earlier: Alexis, Dominique, Ben. The remaining rest minus Leslie was the people who had hurt her in some way. Adam and Dana should have been there instead of Leslie, who would have stayed with Dex. Before the wedding some strange things would have happened and unstable Sarah Curtis would have been accused of them while the real troublemaker would have turned out to be Claudia.
- no way ... the producers hated her at the end and were happy when she was fired ...

DF414

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Star Trek
- no way ... the producers hated her at the end and were happy when she was fired ...
They hated Pamela Bellwood? I just remember reading that she didn't want to be "crazy" again. She was a fantastic actress and I did not expect her to last so long on the show.

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
They only character that really deserved a resurrection was Cecil Colby. Vengeful yet classy and in the same league as Blake. Maybe even higher. And together with Alexis it would have made for some great stories with Cecil/Alexis vs. Blake/Krystle.
I still think It was a stupid idea to kill him right at the beginning of S3. He should have stayed at least until mid-S3 or the end of S3
I think of all the dead characters Cecil was the one who could have been brought back from the dead and it make some kind of sense. He was already that dark twisted billionaire. Maybe he faked his death, in order to save himself after some shady people had put a hit out on him. He could have been living off on a private island somewhere like a Bond villain getting ever more demented as the years go by. Then he discovers the people who put a hit out him are dead and he returns to Denver, but does so in secret. Tormenting Blake, and even tormenting Alexis for not destroying Blake like she said she would. I mean I don't know where this would go, but it could have happened.

colbyco

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
They hated Pamela Bellwood? I just remember reading that she didn't want to be "crazy" again. She was a fantastic actress and I did not expect her to last so long on the show.
- even Nolan Miller said something in one of the interviews during the 2000´s
I think of all the dead characters Cecil was the one who could have been brought back from the dead and it make some kind of sense. He was already that dark twisted billionaire. Maybe he faked his death, in order to save himself after some shady people had put a hit out on him. He could have been living off on a private island somewhere like a Bond villain getting ever more demented as the years go by. Then he discovers the people who put a hit out him are dead and he returns to Denver, but does so in secret. Tormenting Blake, and even tormenting Alexis for not destroying Blake like she said she would. I mean I don't know where this would go, but it could have happened.
-After Alexis took over the mansion he could have shown up... "finally we reached our goal ... I watched everything from a far distance..."
or during S8 when Krystle researched about Cecil´s death she could have found him ...

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards

Bellwood doesn't strike me as a milquetoast, and she undoubtedly saw exactly what was happening with DYNASTY creatively. Especially the scripting. I'm sure she complained about the writing here-and-there, and that's all it would take for the DYNASTY brass to turn on you completely.

Maybe Bellwood should have cleverly quit. That way, she could avoid the producers' phonecalls for years like PSM did.

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Maybe Matthew, Nick, Joel and Daniel could have ALL showed up in the cliffhanger and claim for Krystle.

Don't laugh. I've had the idea for years that two-thirds of the way through Season 8, Cecil, Lindsay, Nick, Alfred Grimes, and the Abominable Snow Monster (who'd held Fallon captive for three years until his lair was shaken open by that avalanche at the end of Season 7) all descend on the Carrington estate all at the same time, intent on exacting their revenge on the family and/or reclaiming the fair lasses who haunt them, inadvertently killing each other.

The scandal compromises Blake's campaign for governor.

If you're going to do "camp" then do it.

They only character that really deserved a resurrection was Cecil Colby. Vengeful yet classy and in the same league as Blake. Maybe even higher. And together with Alexis it would have made for some great stories with Cecil/Alexis vs. Blake/Krystle.
I still think It was a stupid idea to kill him right at the beginning of S3. He should have stayed at least until mid-S3 or the end of S3

Tapping into a show's past helps bond that past to the present. It didn't work for DYNASTY because, as usual, they just did it as a trick.

abominable.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Ked

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I don’t get why the writers intended to bring a character from one of the earlier seasons during S7?

There were far more popular characters that were hastily written out like Caress and Ben or forgotten like Dominique that either deserved a return (Caress) or a better story (Dominique) while S7 was still going.
Why don’t use the things you got in your hands !?

Oh my gosh.... I just now got the idea (and I don't know if anybody else already thought of this, as I haven't read through this thread yet).

What if we replace Matthew not with Nick Toscanni... but with *Ben*?! I mean, Ben was already established as evil and possibly mentally unstable and dangerous. Plus, early in Season 7, he noted that Krystle was "very beautiful." So what if him playing Nice Guy was all just a ruse to put the rest of the family under a false sense of security, only for him to pull the rug out from under them all?

After all, Chris Cazenove was going to be leaving the show anyway, why not send him off with a bang? Why not have there be a final showdown where he tries to take everything from Blake once and for all, resulting in his own demise?

Of course, this also begs the question of how this would affect Leslie's character. If it were up to me, Leslie never would have been created in the first place, that Catherine Oxenberg would have remained. However, with this new ending for Ben, I could be tempted in keeping Leslie around, especially considering all the possible outcomes this would mean for her: either she was in on it the whole time, and ends up being arrested (thus allowing her to come back later on for revenge), or she's just as caught off guard as the rest of the family, and is disturbed by her father's rantings of, "I did it all for you!"

And then there's the question of whether it should be Steven who kills Ben. I'd say yes, simply because I like the idea of Steven killing someone to save his father. Plus, Steven doesn't often get to do cool things, so yeah. XD

Ked

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I think Jeanette is to Krystle what Miss Pross was to Lucie Manette.

Jeanette should have killed somebody to protect Krystle. Or, if that couldn't be worked out, Jeanette should have at least slapped the crap out of that one reporter lady in Season 6 who disguised herself as a nanny. "Mrs. Carrington has suffered enough!"

Matthew Blaisdel

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
The henchmen arrive and order the Carrington's and their servants into the library. They step aside as their employer enters from the hall. The camera pans across the stunned faces of the Carringtons.

Blake:
in a state of disbelief
Michael?!

Michael:
That's Prince Michael to you!

Krystle:
What are you doing here?

Michael:
I've come for the woman I love.

Blake, Krystle and the others look to one another in confusion.

Michael:
Amanda, I've come for Amanda!

The camera pans across the confused faces of the Carringtons and the servants before focusing on Blake and Krystle.

Krystle:
You remember, Blake. Amanda, she's your other daughter, the one that isn't Fallon.

Blake:
Pauses for a moment while he thinks to himself.
Oh, Amanda! I forgot about her.

Michael looks to Blake, losing his patience.
Blake shrugs.
Freeze-frame.

Years later, this scene still makes me laugh SO hard!
I hope Deepfake-Video-AI in a few years will be that far, that someone could construct that scene and upload it.
Just imagine we could do all our great and funny ideas to look like real Dynasty episodes, that would be so great! :lol:

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Another thing that tips the scales in favour of Matthew is that we knew that he was "somewhere" which adds a bit of logistical logic to the "return from" part.

I think it was possible for Nick Toscanni to return, in fact in the very last episode when he's revealed as Krystle's brain surgeon. And then I want Linda Evans - over the exterior shot of the clinic - to repeat that spine-chilling "oh my god!" from the cabin fire cliffhanger. With that same little bit of echo in it, which makes more sense in the Alps anyway.

Ked

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Another thing that tips the scales in favour of Matthew is that we knew that he was "somewhere" which adds a bit of logistical logic to the "return from" part.

I think it was possible for Nick Toscanni to return, in fact in the very last episode when he's revealed as Krystle's brain surgeon. And then I want Linda Evans - over the exterior shot of the clinic - to repeat that spine-chilling "oh my god!" from the cabin fire cliffhanger. With that same little bit of echo in it, which makes more sense in the Alps anyway.

Ooh, Nick returning as the one who operates on Krystle's brain? That's certainly tempting! Plus, it would make more sense for him to "hypnotize" Krystle into killing Blake instead of some random corporation-thingy that's looking to "take over the world." XD

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Plus, it would make more sense for him to "hypnotize" Krystle into killing Blake instead of some random corporation-thingy that's looking to "take over the world." XD
That was hilariously convoluted, and almost as convoluted as the assassination of Greg Sumner in Knots Landing.