Random things you hate

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Hero
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
you ever have your mind feel full yet you don't know what's bothering you? does that make any kind of sense?
Sure does! I guess I usually do know what’s bothering me but there are times when something will be bothering me and I can’t pinpoint what it is. So what ur saying makes sense to me.

darkshadows38

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
oh thank god someone knows how i feel, i mean sure most of the times you know why you are pissed off at someone but being pissed off at someone isn't what i was referring to anyways. thankfully you got what i was trying to get, on what do i hate? well my fire HD10 plus just came in the mail today woo hoo and it took me like 3 or 4 hrs to figure out how to work the damn thing. no joke i really no issue setting it up but getting my Calibre to be able to read it so i can put books back on it well that's something i had a hell of a time trying to figure the hell out

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Hero
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
well my fire HD10 plus just came in the mail today woo hoo and it took me like 3 or 4 hrs to figure out how to work
I’m not the greatest when it comes to technology. Eventually I figure it out or I ask someone to help but it just seems like everything is so complicated now. I like things to be simple and easy to learn but it just feels like the more technology we have the more you have to learn and the harder it all is to digest.

darkshadows38

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
the term i use is stuck on stupid which just means that we can be shown stuff we are having trouble with and we than feel f... stupid as hell cause we didn't see it before hence stuck on stupid i made that one up myself years ago so it's not no slang or anything. funny thing i posted about it in the right forum on another site i belong to asked for help and right when i posted it i figure out what google cause i did google it but i figured it albeit slowly what they actually meant. i also have to go and hit kindle library which is a pain in the ass to get access to my books but what are ya gonna do ya know?

but i agree 100% there's a lot of stuff i will never be able to figure out like i'd love to figure out how to build a PC i'd love to do that build one for myself but i just don't have the brains for it and i'm not dissing myself i just know my limitations that's all.

darkshadows38

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
actually no it's not a puter it's well i didn't really it was a very powerful tablet but it's what i put books on whenever i get to damn lazy to get ones off the shelf he he or if i don't currently own certain books and ones i read on it are long out of print for example.

Grant Jennings

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
People trying to politicize the tragedy in Florida. Joe Biden was a Senator from Delaware when Champlain Tower was built; Ron DeSantis was just a baby. The orange menace was not involved. Building inspectors at the time may have been paid to ignore substandard practices (it appears the building was not built according to plan - far fewer steel reinforcements were used) but I learned long ago that greed and corruption have no party affiliation.

Oh, and don't get me started about the conspiracy theorists who claim the initial collapse was deliberate because... whatever reason their tinfoil wrapped brains can conceive.

darkshadows38

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
i don't need to cause i agree with you 100% ya know it's funny how when you have something like how many people die in something like a building collapsing yet the funny part isn't anyone dying it's that these rich assholes won't ever learn that in order for you to make money if you own a building for example it has to be built right and maintained for the people living it to help you keep making money.

it also will keep them out of jail too though i really doubt anyone is going to jail for the shoddy work when they were building that. and to you i say they put politics in this tragedy they did it with the pandemic why not this one? they have to have every damn thing a :censer: tragedy with politics, why not just accept responsibility for your actions oh wait that's another swear word they've never had to do that their entire life they will just blame someone else much like the anti-christ trump an online friend on a different site calls him that and it just makes me laugh. sorry for making this political but it was made that way on it's own i guess

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Hero
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Rain. I don’t mind it sporadically or even all night when I’m sleeping but I can’t stand when it rains all day. It really saps the life out of my day sometimes.

darkshadows38

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Rain doesn't bother me just as long as it doesn't make it hotter during the summer afterwords than i cannot stand it. whenever it rains in the summer it's so nice cause you can breath so much better and you aren't sweating as much. speaking of i hate Sweating it's been way to damn hot here in Ohio at night and i'm normally drenched in sweat cause of how muggy it has been at night. i dunno how much cold drinks i have drank even in the middle of the night due to the humidty and no i don't mean booze

Rove

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Know it all family friend IT expert. An elderly couple came in today requiring a new computer. They had a list of minimum requirements which were written out by some "family friend expert" named Roger who knows everything about computers. This friend had done some research for them and had suggested another business advertising a desktop computer for $749. I checked the specifications on this desktop on our competitors website so had an idea what the customers were looking for. I spoke to them at length and felt I had chosen the correct desktop computer for them. Our price is $797 for a computer which out-performed our rivals in every regard. They asked if it was alright to phone their friend Roger and ask for his opinion. I said no problems. I stayed with them but when the customer phoned Roger she had the smartphone on speakerphone.

No sooner had she mentioned where she was at Roger let rip with a few choice words about the company I work for. Saying that company will "rip you off" and "have no idea what they're talking about." The two elderly people felt embarrassed and the poor lady couldn't get a word in until I spoke up. I said, "Roger?" He replied, "Yes?"

"This is ________ and I work for ________ . The couple I'm with lead me to the desktop computer on our competitors website at your suggestion. The computer I'm suggesting here at an extra $48 will out-perform our competitors computer in every regard." I understand the difference between an Intel chip as opposed to AMD and in this regard the Intel Chip will out-perform the AMD chip. The computer your suggesting only has a 256GB SDD as opposed to ours which has a 512GB SDD."

"So Roger if you are suggesting the couple save $48 by going to our competitor for an inferior product then by all means tell them that. Is that what you are suggesting, Roger?"

There was silence for a moment until Roger asked the lady to speak in private. She came back and informed me he still thinks the other computer is "fine." She apologized and so did the elderly gentleman. Prior to them leaving I said Roger might like to think he knows everything about computers but clearly he doesn't. I felt bad for this couple because this was their second visit to a business today before their final destination in buying the computer which Roger had recommended. They would have chewed up $48 just driving around the place.

darkshadows38

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
what an ass, now i get why some people hate certain companies we all have ones we really hate with a :censer: passion. but if he wanted proof you weren't talking out your ass like he may have thought you were or rather it was just his Ego my guess it was the latter. than he should have talked to you about it, Best buys for example you can go there and talk to someone in if you want to buy a PC or a laptop and they have no idea what the hell you are talking about, course i'm what i call computer stupid cause i know so very little i know that AMD is good though as Xbox uses it as does Plystation as well. but even if you don't know jack shit about computers

you can tell if you get the right person who does know what they are talking about. that's any store i think.

on what do i hate ? Ego's people with Ego's that are bigger than the size of Texas like Trump who's his bigger than texas but i'm just using him as an example these idiots weather it's a man or woman it really doesn't matter which gender they let their ego's control them instead of admitting when they are wrong. look i can be wrong at times and i can be stubborn as well if i don't want to admit i'm wrong it's not my ego its' just me being stubborn.

but if you coax it out of me than i will very slowly say well very a lot of force yeah i suppose i could be wrong but i do admit it at some point. normally though i admit if i'm wrong it saves a hell of a lot of time i think.

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Hero
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Watching other peoples’ pets. Don’t get me wrong, I love animals and I love babysitting them for people but I just watched a few over the last couple of days that came complete with the dreaded special instructions. I’ve watched kids that were easier to take care of than these pets were. You feed them, you walk them, you play with them, it’s really not rocket science.

I know everyone spoils their pets and that’s fine but there should be a limit to everything.

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
I'll never learn but I hate it when I leave my groceries on the back seat of the car and then have to brake suddenly and everything goes everywhere. It upsets me to a degree it probably shouldn't.