• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

Random things you hate

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
I’m really really afraid of men who grow beards round the end of their chins but don’t have moustaches.

darkshadows38

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
why be afraid? i think they look awful the only ones that can really pull that look off are the Amish and that's it. the married ones apparently do while the non married ones don't from what i understand. when you see a guy do that who isn't Amish i just want to tie him down and shave that thing off his face lol. makes me think of that episode of Evening Shade where Burt Reynolds fell asleep on the couch and his young son shaved half his mustache off during his nap.

Grant Jennings

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
why be afraid? i think they look awful the only ones that can really pull that look off are the Amish and that's it. the married ones apparently do while the non married ones don't from what i understand. when you see a guy do that who isn't Amish i just want to tie him down and shave that thing off his face lol. makes me think of that episode of Evening Shade where Burt Reynolds fell asleep on the couch and his young son shaved half his mustache off during his nap.
Bondage and shaving, hmm...

Rove

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
When the likes of Prince William takes a veiled swipe at billionaires for wasting $$$ on space travel when they should be repairing the Earth instead. Typical hypocrite. Prince William in his life of privilege who will have burnt more fossil fuels in his short life then I would have if I lived 10 lifetimes. It's time this outdated industry called the Royal family is disbanded.

Last edited:

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
When the likes of Prince William wants to take a veiled swipe at billionaires for wasting $$$ on space travel when they should be repairing the Earth instead. Typical hypocrite. Prince William in his life of privilege who will have burnt more fossil fuels in his short life then I would have if I lived 10 lifetimes. It's time this outdated industry called the Royal family is disbanded.
And when Prince William and his bland hypocritical wife take pot shots at people hurting the environment and wildlife when his own family kill animals for leisure. It makes my blood boil.

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Though I can see why Prince William would say what he said (his father Charles has been spouting off about such things for as long as I can remember), it really does undercut his argument when one sees the fortune he stands to inherit one day. I highly doubt he will sell off all the various excess palaces, etc. to fight the evils of climate change once he takes the throne. To me it sounds a bit like the age-old divisions/friction between "old money" and the "nouveau riche".

Or maybe he's just another public figure who cowers in fear of incurring the Withering Glare Of Disapproval from Greta Thunberg.

9unfold

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Loads of 'em
When the Duchess of Success draws yet another breath.
She is successful in her endeavours to a degree that clearly weights heavy on your mind.

Like her or dislike her is the burden of people who notice her. She is a successful lady in a position that is accompanied by pressures and challenging situation that the armchair gobshites will never comprehend but see fit to criticize.

Lip up.

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Some of the larger recipe sites actually had to implement a "just print the recipe" button on their pages to allow people to get what they came for and leave without the life stories.

Similarly, my bank's ATMs have given in to the "life stories". You go to the ATM and punch up your details, and while the ATM is processing your request, stuff pops up like "Read William's story of how a line of credit helped him adopt a kid" or "In celebration of ___ Awareness Month, read Celeste's uplifting story". You have to hit a "print" or "dismiss" button in order to continue the transaction. I cannot imagine anyone wanting to see or read any of that stuff--we just want our $50. The Williams and Celestes of these messages always look like something out of Central Casting and it's all a ridiculous waste of time in a machine expressly invented to save time.

darkshadows38

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
your remark about the Prince is very true it reminds me of RIngo saying once or maybe it was more than once i dunno? he replied that when the Queen dies they should just like you said abolish the whole thing. she's his Queen and his been since he was a Boy. there's nothing wrong with that but he could care less about the rest of them.

anyways, as for what i hate having a little puppy shitting all over the place it feels like

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
She is successful in her endeavours to a degree that clearly weights heavy on your mind.

Like her or dislike her is the burden of people who notice her. She is a successful lady in a position that is accompanied by pressures and challenging situation that the armchair gobshites will never comprehend but see fit to criticize.

Lip up.

"Lip up"?? Some folks are weird!

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
LV

Reaction score
Awards

Lip up.
She also doesn't cost us anything unlike the rest of the Royals who take millions of pounds from taxpayers, many on minimum wage, to fund their lavish lifestyle. I don't know how they live with themselves knowing they are literally taking money from people on low incomes that could otherwise feed a child in poverty.

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Except dignity.
Depends what you consider as being dignified. William's reported affair with the Marchioness of Cholmondeley? Charles's affair with Camilla? Andrew's involvement with Epstein? The Queen banning black people from working in Buckingham Palace's offices? I think in comparison with the Royal Family, The Duchess of Sussex has been very dignified.

Luke_Krebbs_Ewing

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
The Lord of the Rings Trilogy
I am royally pissed off that the transwarp interlock on the Warp Core of my starship the USS Venture will not be repaired by Starfleet maintenance until next Tuesday. :(

Grant Jennings

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Yes, having your spaceship up on blocks will definitely ruin your day.
But what's with the people who leave a spaceship on blocks in their yard indefinitely? Weeds surround it making it obvious they've given up on repairing it. This really detracts from the neighborhood. Have the damn thing hauled away.