Roseanne (TV series)

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Also not a fan of David here. But what has DJ done wrong? I don't recall enough scenes to have an opinion about him.

DJ didn’t really ever bother me either. Perhaps David annoyed them to the point that they started hating every character. I can definitely see him having that effect on a viewer.

lost-in-time

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Also not a fan of David here. But what has DJ done wrong? I don't recall enough scenes to have an opinion about him.
DJs being written as a massive jerk to David in every episode. He beat him up in the last episode I saw! The basement leaked in another episode and David had to sleep in DJs room and DJ was treating him like dirt. It just isn’t funny IMO, especially as Mark treats David like dirt too.
David might be annoying but at least he’s not a bully like DJ has become. (I’m probably thinking way too much about it mind :D).

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
DJs being written as a massive jerk to David in every episode. He beat him up in the last episode I saw! The basement leaked in another episode and David had to sleep in DJs room and DJ was treating him like dirt. It just isn’t funny IMO, especially as Mark treats David like dirt too.
David might be annoying but at least he’s not a bully like DJ has become. (I’m probably thinking way too much about it mind :D).

I had totally forgotten about most of this. I guess DJ was so used to being the only junior male of the house for so long that having Mark and David around really didn’t sit too well with him.

Now that I think about it David really did receive the brunt of everyone’s hostility. Darlene wasn’t exactly very nice to him either. Even his own mother couldn’t stand him. Roseanne only liked him after finding out how abusive his own mom could be.

lost-in-time

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I’m nearing the end of the run now. Season 8 has actually been pretty funny for the most part, a definitive improvement on the last two seasons. Changing Becky back and forth was a daft idea but that was obviously out of necessity rather than design.
However I have a VERY specific question. In the episode Morning Becomes Obnoxious Roseanne looks into a mirror, sucks in her cheeks and says “Look I’m Rula Lenska” (or words to that effect). I was unaware that Rula was known outside of the UK. I’ve looked at her filmography and nothing jumps out to me that would’ve made her known in the states so where does this joke come from? (I said it was very specific! :D)

rayray

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I’m nearing the end of the run now. Season 8 has actually been pretty funny for the most part, a definitive improvement on the last two seasons. Changing Becky back and forth was a daft idea but that was obviously out of necessity rather than design.
However I have a VERY specific question. In the episode Morning Becomes Obnoxious Roseanne looks into a mirror, sucks in her cheeks and says “Look I’m Rula Lenska” (or words to that effect). I was unaware that Rula was known outside of the UK. I’ve looked at her filmography and nothing jumps out to me that would’ve made her known in the states so where does this joke come from? (I said it was very specific! :D)
She was entirely unknown in the States except for a series of Alberto VO5 commercials, which became a bit of joke because most people thought, "Rula WHO?!?!"

lost-in-time

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
She was entirely unknown in the States except for a series of Alberto VO5 commercials, which became a bit of joke because most people thought, "Rula WHO?!?!"
Ha! I love how much she’s overly doing her English accent to try and sound classy! Thanks for this, that would’ve drove me crazy not knowing.