Season 13

Sea - Boo! - Er

Telly Talk Warrior
LV
9
 
Awards
21
Just up to where JR has manipulated Cally into leaving Southfork but at the last minute his plot is undone when John Ross appeals to him to make her stay. JR is standing on the balcony and, in my mind, I flashed back to him standing there overlooking Kristin in the pool, the picture of evil.
It's an emotional scene underlying his love for his son, but the contrast is also an example of how he's become diminished in these final seasons
 

Bobby Southworth

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
5
Just up to where JR has manipulated Cally into leaving Southfork but at the last minute his plot is undone when John Ross appeals to him to make her stay. JR is standing on the balcony and, in my mind, I flashed back to him standing there overlooking Kristin in the pool, the picture of evil.
It's an emotional scene underlying his love for his son, but the contrast is also an example of how he's become diminished in these final seasons
Even though he had kind of lost his Midas touch/mojo, however you want to put it, I still feel like he looked almost sinister on that balcony when the scenario you mentioned took place with Cally.

I don't know that I ever connected it with the scene of him standing, looking down at Kristin, but..he had some great moments up on that balcony. I'm thinking of once he finally learns of Peter and Sue Ellen as well. Nice observation.
 
Last edited:
Top