Which shows do you have the COMPLETE series for on DVD?

bmasters9

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Epic Series all-in-one of the 1978-79 single season of this cult classic ABC sci-fi series w/Lorne Greene, Richard Hatch et al. (does not include Galactica 1980 though)...

galactica19781.jpg

galactica19782.jpg

Mel O'Drama

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I think this is my biggest physical home-media commitment to date.

14 seasons.
279 discs.
1088 hour long episodes.
51,236 minutes!!!!

I bought the entire series as a bundle from the manufacturer in a recent site sale, saving over 60% on the (already discounted) regular price. The entire thing cost around the same price as 3 seasons of Sons and Daughters, so it was too good to pass up.

It was a toss-up between this and Prisoner, but ACP feels a bit more light and quirky, has oodles of beautiful outdoor scenery and throws Brett Climo into the bargain. How could I not?

Now I just have to find a spare few years to actually watch it.​

bmasters9

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The West Wing (Warner Bros. all-in-one of this hit 1999-2006 NBC political serial w/Martin Sheen, John Spencer, Rob Lowe et al.)...

20230713_101618.jpg

20230713_101625.jpg

20230713_101709.jpg

20230713_101715.jpg

bmasters9

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I think this is my biggest physical home-media commitment to date.

14 seasons.
279 discs.
1088 hour long episodes.
51,236 minutes!!!!

I bought the entire series as a bundle from the manufacturer in a recent site sale, saving over 60% on the (already discounted) regular price. The entire thing cost around the same price as 3 seasons of Sons and Daughters, so it was too good to pass up.

It was a toss-up between this and Prisoner, but ACP feels a bit more light and quirky, has oodles of beautiful outdoor scenery and throws Brett Climo into the bargain. How could I not?

Now I just have to find a spare few years to actually watch it.​

And just looked that series up on Wikipedia, and have discovered that the episodes were of a format akin to the unrelated 60s Batman series on ABC here in America (two episodes per week, possibly connected by a cliffhanger; that format being changed to one episode a week for the final go in 1994 [again, Batman did that for its final go in 1967 on ABC]).

Mel O'Drama

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Your order will be carried by three planes. Please check your emails regularly for updates.

Funny you should say this. A few days ago a large bankers box arrived, emblazoned with Australia Post branding. I realised it must be ACP and thought it was much larger than I expected.

Once I dived in and removed lots of bubble wrap, I realised this was only half the series. The other half arrived the following day in an equally large box. Via Vision certainly don't do things by halves!

the episodes were of a format akin to the unrelated 60s Batman series on ABC here in America (two episodes per week, possibly connected by a cliffhanger; that format being changed to one episode a week for the final go in 1994 [again, Batman did that for its final go in 1967 on ABC])

Yes, although I think it's safe to say that's probably as far as the connections go.

I haven't watched much of the series, but it's probably safe to say that nobody in Wandin Valley ever ended up in a giant egg timer or turned into giant Slush Puppies. Now, Sons and Daughters or Number 96, on the other hand...

bmasters9

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Yes, although I think it's safe to say that's probably as far as the connections go.

I haven't watched much of the series, but it's probably safe to say that nobody in Wandin Valley ever ended up in a giant egg timer or turned into giant Slush Puppies. Now, Sons and Daughters or Number 96, on the other hand...

I knew it wouldn't be that kind of a cliffhanger-- only that there were apparently cliffhangers between the two episodes in a week.

Mel O'Drama

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I knew it wouldn't be that kind of a cliffhanger-- only that there were apparently cliffhangers between the two episodes in a week.

And you're spot on. From what I remember, most stories had two parts, like Batman, wrapping up in the second episode and with both parts forming essentially a two hour TV movie (unlike Batman, each instalment was an hour, or around 45 minutes without breaks).

Although there was some continuity running into different stories, I think it was mostly fairly loose to allow the stories to stand alone and remain accessible. In that regard it's akin to early Dallas (especially the two-parters like Reunion or Jock's Trial): soapy, but not fully serialised.

It's a really interesting parallel you made, especially with the final year making a change to one episode. I may find myself looking out for other similarities when I watch.

bmasters9

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Funny you should say this. A few days ago a large bankers box arrived, emblazoned with Australia Post branding. I realised it must be ACP and thought it was much larger than I expected.

Once I dived in and removed lots of bubble wrap, I realised this was only half the series. The other half arrived the following day in an equally large box. Via Vision certainly don't do things by halves!

Must have been a massive purchase to come in two bankers boxes!

BTW, where are you going to put that huge release of A Country Practice?

Mel O'Drama

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Must have been a massive purchase to come in two bankers boxes!

It was fairly big. The series is spread over 8 boxsets, each one probably as large as The West Wing set you've pictured above.

I'm sure they would have all fitted into one bankers box... most of the space was taken up with bubble wrap and, even though it's not very green, I do appreciate the manufacturer attempting to get them to me in pristine condition.

where are you going to put that huge release of A Country Practice?

It was quite a feat of engineering to get them to fit in my DVD cupboard. I think it's now officially at full capacity.

Payton Cross

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Now that i finally have season 10 and season 11 on dvd, i finally have "The Walking Dead" series complete on dvd. :D

20230822_120918.jpg

20230822_121213.jpg

And i also bought the German dvd boxset from "Baywatch" the complete series with all their 9 seasons, "with Englisch subtitles" :)

1692779213585.png

Last edited:

lost-in-time

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Way too many. So I don’t feel too guilty I’ll just list the US shows:
* Cheers
* Murder, She Wrote
* Roseanne
* The Simpsons (well everything that’s released at least!)
* The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
* Seinfeld
* Home Improvement
* Frasier
* NYPD Blue
* The X Files
* Friends
* ER
* Everybody Loves Raymond
* Sabrina The Teenage Witch
* King of the Hill
* Will and Grace (not the revival though)
* Futurama
* Malcolm in the Middle
* CSI: Crime Scene Investigation
* Two and a Half Men
* The Office
I’ve added a few more to this since I posted this (I really need to control my spending!)
The Twilight Zone
M*A*S*H
Dallas
Dynasty
Family Ties
Night Court
The Cosby Show
The Golden Girls
The Colbys
Married With Children
The Wonder Years
Family Matters (pre order)
Boy Meets World
3rd Rock From the Sun
King of Queens

bmasters9

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The Flash (the original 1990-91 CBS series w/John Wesley Shipp in the title role)

flash19901.jpg

flash19902.jpg

bmasters9

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Bumping this up: Maverick (Warner Bros. all-in-one of this 1957-62 ABC Western w/James Garner, Jack Kelly et al.)

maverick1.jpg

maverick2.jpg

Mel O'Drama

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
This is one of my Holy Grails that I've had in various online price watches for years:

I mentioned the series in another thread earlier this week, which prompted me to do a quick online search to find a reasonably-priced new version. All to no avail.

Then yesterday I walked into a charity shop and found a pristine, new and sealed copy at a bargain price. Even better, it's the original release rather than the (inferior) repackaged one. That cover is rock solid!

The timing is perfect, since I invariably get a yen to watch the series over the Christmas break.​

lost-in-time

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
This is one of my Holy Grails that I've had in various online price watches for years:

I mentioned the series in another thread earlier this week, which prompted me to do a quick online search to find a reasonably-priced new version. All to no avail.

Then yesterday I walked into a charity shop and found a pristine, new and sealed copy at a bargain price. Even better, it's the original release rather than the (inferior) repackaged one. That cover is rock solid!

The timing is perfect, since I invariably get a yen to watch the series over the Christmas break.​
I own this and love it dearly. My family and I were massive fans of these adaptations and still reference them to this day. I can still see clearly in my memory the whole family jumping when Gladys was found in A Pocket Full of Rye :D

Mel O'Drama

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I own this and love it dearly. My family and I were massive fans of these adaptations and still reference them to this day. I can still see clearly in my memory the whole family jumping when Gladys was found in A Pocket Full of Rye :D

What a fantastic memory to have. My memories of the series are all positive, but very vague indeed. Even though I'm reasonably sure I have, I couldn't swear that I've watched all twelve adaptions. All the same, Gladys's body is one of the few moments that pops into my head when I think of the series.

Glad you it, and I hope to dive into mine before the year ends. It will be great to discuss the series.

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I am in the process of getting all of my DVDs out of storage after having a lot of building work done. I have so much more than I really thought. Here is the majority of my Soapy dramas. I also have all of Peyton Place, Knots Landing, Sunset Beach, in bootleg form that don't fit in these cases. And I also have the complete box set of One Tree Hill and Crossroads that also wont fit in these cases.
1698272787029.png

I have just ordered more of these cases, as I have to now sort comedy shows, music/concert DVDs and then my film collection.