Dallas in the 90's

Jessie

Telly Talk Superstar
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Awesome update, Sue Ellen going to England to discuss the divorce may or not be a good idea. I hope she is strong, and doesn’t let Don try to change her mind. Don thinks he is in charge and Sue Ellen doing everything he says makes him think he has control over her. Looking forward to the next update.

K

Karin Schill

Thank you everyone for the feedback. It's always appreciated. :)

Presea, that's an interesting observation that Sue Ellen in this story is more like earlier seasons Sue Ellen than the later seasons Sue Ellen. I haven't really thought of that. :think: I guess I write her that way because I like her better when there's a bit of vulnerability to her rather than when she's all bitter and angry like she was towards the end. But I can see why it can also be perceived as her being weak and she's supposed to be stronger.

Jessie, well I figured that since she left England to go on a vacation to Texas but then ended up staying on she still has most of her stuff in England at this point. So it makes sense for her to go back there so she can pack up the house and decide for herself which things she wants to keep and which things she doesn't mind leaving behind. Then if Don has any ulterior motifs or not you will find that out when she gets there... ;)

Okay so here's tonight's update:

Downstairs in the living room was Donna pouring up Pringles, cheese doodles and pop corn in balls when Margaret entered the room. “Hi mom!”

Donna looked up saying, “Hi Margaret, oh how great your costume turned out!”

“Thank you,” Margaret smiled. Then she noticed Donna’s clothes. Margaret frowned at her mother’s clothes since Donna was dressed in, bellbottom jeans, a white shirt and a brown leather vest with frays over it. She also wore a necklace with a peace sign. “Why are you dressed like that?”

“Because it’s a part of my costume dear,” Donna explained.

“I see, so who are you supposed to be?”

Donna smiled, before she put on a wig with long black hair, “Wanna take a guess?”

Margaret thought a bit before she said, “Well you’re obviously from the 1970s but definitely not Betty Ford!”

Donna laughed, “Obviously not!”

“So who are you then?”

“Well she’s a singer and…” Donna was interrupted by Ray who joined them in the living room.

“Hey your costume looks great,” Ray complemented Donna.

“So does yours,” Donna replied with a smile and Margaret’s eyes widened when she saw her dad who was dressed in bellbottom jeans, a white shirt with a brown leather vest with frays over it. He also had a peace sign necklace. He also wore a brown shoulder length wig with a red headband and a mustache.

“Oh wow, you two match!” Margaret exclaimed.

“Well that’s the idea, we’re Sonny and Cher!” Ray smiled.

Margaret frowned, “Sonny who dad?”

Donna and Ray laughed. “They were before your time sweetie.”

“You know Congressman Bono from the Republican party?” Donna asked.

“Sure but what does he has to do with Cher?”

“Well they used to be married,” Donna explained.

“Oh My God, I so didn’t know that!” Margaret’s eyes widened.

“Well now you know,” Donna smiled.

“I sure do, but I still think your costumes are really weird!”

Donna and Ray laughed and Ray said, “Well if you think our costumes are weird, just wait until you’ll see what your Uncle Bobby and Aunt Pam are wearing!”

“Oh yeah, their costumes are really horrible!” Donna laughed.

K

Karin Schill

Upstairs in Bobby and Pam’s room, Bobby and Pam were getting dressed for Christopher’s masquerade party. “This is horrible!” Bobby complained, as he looked at himself in the mirror. He was dressed as the King of Hearts and his costume consisted of black shoes, black pants and a blue shirt with a zebra stripped pattern at the bottom. Over it he wore a red cape with check patterned puff sleeves and a white lining with black spots on it. Across his chest he had a white ordinance ribbon with red hearts all over it. He also wore a necklace with black stones.

Pam turned around to look at Bobby and said, “It’s not that bad honey,” Pam smiled as she placed a red crown on Bobby’s head. “Besides we match.” Pam was dressed in a red and white dress with check pattern around the waist and zebra stripped pattern at the sides. At the front she had a pattern of red hearts sewn onto the white area of the dress. The dress had long puff sleeves with white lacing around her hands. It also had a big black bow over her hips. The dress was low cut and was shaped as a heart over the chest. Her hair was put up and she was wearing black drop earrings and a golden tiara.

“Lucky us,” Bobby said sarcastically.

“Oh come on honey, we agreed to be a king and queen…”

“Yeah, yeah but did you have to make us the Royal couple of hearts?” Bobby sighed.

“I thought it sounded romantic,” Pam explained. “How could I know it was gonna have check patterns on it?”

Bobby raised an eyebrow, “Hold on a minute, you mean you didn’t even look at the costumes before you ordered them?”

“Um…no!” Pam admitted and Bobby started to laugh.

“Well thanks honey that explains a lot!”

Jessie

Telly Talk Superstar
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Awesome updates, Margaret is so cute. I love Ray and Donna’s costumes. the Sonny and Cher show was one of my favourite series as a child. I love how Pam didn’t look at the costumes before ordering them. I can’t wait to see what will happen at the party. ❤️

K

Karin Schill

Thank you for the feedback Jessie. I am glad that you loved Donna & Ray's costumes. I really like some of Sonny and Cher's old songs. But to be honest I didn't even know that they used to have a Tv-series. So that's cool. ;)

The party will kick off real soon now. Just one more update upstairs first:

Meanwhile in Miss Ellie and Clayton’s room was Miss Ellie sitting in front of the mirror. She was pinning on a red curly wig. She was dressed in a blue sack dress with white dots on it. She had a white apron with a small heart on it tied around her waist. She had pearl earrings and white sandals. Clayton came out of the bathroom, flapping out his hands and said, “Tada! Let the masquerade begin.”

Miss Ellie turned towards him, “Oh Clayton!” Miss Ellie laughed. Clayton was dressed in a black suit pants stuffed into a pair of high black boots. He had a white shirt with a red bowtie. Over the shirts he wore a golden west and a red cape jacket with golden frays sewn onto the shoulders. The red cape had areas of black around the hands and in front with golden embroidery on it. He also wore a matching black hat with a golden ribbon around it.

“Think we’ll have a lot of guests at the circus tonight?”

“According to the birthday boy we’re expecting everyone in his new class!” Miss Ellie smiled.

“Oh dear,” Clayton said. “Maybe I should get a circus whip to keep them in order?”

Miss Ellie laughed, “Oh no, you don’t need one. They’re just kids!”

“My point exactly!”

“So think anyone will guess my costume?”

“Oh sure they will, after all I Love Lucy has never stopped running!” They smiled at each other. “Come on we’d better get downstairs before JR and Cliff starts a fight!”

K

Karin Schill

Thank you for the feedback Presea. :)
I'm glad you thought the Bobby and Pam scene was funny, it was supposed to be.

Okay so in today's update the first guest will arrive:

Downstairs at Southfork, the door bell rang. Christopher ran to the front door and opened it. Behind the door he found his uncle Cliff dressed in black trousers, a white shirt and a red vest. He had a black cape over it. “Hi Christopher,” Cliff smiled and when he did Christopher noticed his very pointed corner teeth.

“Hi Uncle Cliff, what a cool costume!” Christopher smiled. Cliff and Christopher hugged and Cliff handed over a gift. “Thanks but you already gave me a present on my actual birthday!”

“I know but I feel like spoiling you a little!” Cliff smiled.

“Cool,” Chris smiled before he ran into the living room and placed the gift on his gift table. Cliff looked after him wondering if he should follow when Becky came running down the stairs.

“Hi Dad!” Becky greeted Cliff with a big hug. “How cool that you’re Dracula, do you know who I am?” Becky put her hands together in a pose.

Cliff laughed, “Yes you must be Jeannie, where’s your bottle?”

“Oops, I forgot it upstairs, I’ll be right back!” Becky ran up the stairs again, as Pam and Bobby came downstairs.

“Cliff I’m so glad that you could make it!” Pam greeted a surprised Cliff with a hug.

Cliff stared at their costumes and laughed, “Nice to see you too sis, and I know you’re in love but aren’t those costumes just a little bit over the top?”

“Thank you Cliff, my point exactly!” Bobby agreed.

Pam hit Bobby playfully on the arm and said, “It is not that bad!”

Bobby and Cliff exchanged a look and Cliff said, “Oh yes it is!”

“That’s it! I’m going to change clothes…” Bobby made an attempt to return upstairs.

But Pam grabbed his arms, “Oh no you’re not. The kids would be so disappointed if you’re not matching their costumes!”

“Fine, I’ll wear this stupid thing, but you owe me!”

“Yes, I know,” Pam smiled at Bobby and they kissed.

Cliff smiled at them but his smile quickly faded as JR’s voice rang out, “I always knew you were a blood sucker Barnes and now your fangs are showing!”

Cliff sighed, as he stared at JR who was dressed in his 18th century costume, holding a Muscat. “Ewing, you’d better watch your back or someone might use that rifle to shoot you!”

“Well it wouldn’t be the first time, haven’t you learnt by now that bullets won’t kill me!”

“Oh come on you two, can you please give it a rest tonight, for Christopher’s sake?” Bobby pleaded with them.

“Sure, but just keep that vermin out of my face!” JR said insultingly. Cliff and JR glared at each other and Bobby and Pam sighed.

K

Karin Schill

In Philadelphia was the birthday party for Baron Badeau on the way as the guests had started to arrive. The Badeaus were standing in a reception line in the Parlor greeting their guests, with Afton at the end of the line. Afton was dressed in a light blue, long straight gown with a high neck and no sleeves. She had a blue ribbon marking her waistline and her hair was pulled back in a French twist held in place with a diamond hair pin. She wore a pearl necklace with matching earrings. She looked very conservative.

“Marius,” a lady said before she kissed Mario on the cheek.

“Aunt Elizabeth,” Mario said politely. “May I introduce my fiancée, Aftonette Van Buren.”

Afton looked surprised as the lady said, “Oh what a charming exclusive name,” Aunt Elizabeth looked approving before she gave Afton a kiss on the cheek. “Are you of the Van Buren’s of New York?”

“Try Baton Rouge,” Afton said thru pressed teeth.

“My fiancée is from the Southern cotton plantation line you wouldn’t have heard of them dear Aunt,” Mario hurried to explain.

“Oh a confederate family, of course not,” aunt Elizabeth said.

Her husband said, “So dear, Aftonnette, what do you do?”

“I work with charity concerts,” Afton said.

“She’s a wonderful organizer and quite musically gifted,” Mario explained.

“Charming,” Aunt Elizabeth said.

“How very interesting,” the Uncle agreed. “We must talk about the Philharmonics later,” he promised before they walked away.

Afton turned towards Mario and said thru pressed teeth, “Aftonette?”

“Well your name isn’t quite suitable dear, mother wanted to change it to Antoinette, but this way you can keep your nickname dear Afton!”

“Okay but Van Buren?”

“Well it used to be your name, but cheer up, my family’s approved of you so we can go ahead with the wedding. Now smile here comes the mayor!” Afton forced a fake smile as she decided to play along in the charade.

K

Karin Schill

Back at Southfork Ranch were the Ewing family now gathered in the living room. The adults were sipping on their drinks before dinner while the kids were running around playing. Over by the gift table were Christopher and John Ross standing talking. John Ross said, “Did you really have to invite your uncle Cliff?”

“Come on John Ross, he’s my uncle and he’s been here for me when my mom hasn’t,” Christopher insisted.

“I get that, but what if he picks a fight with my dad, then my cover will be blown just like that,” John Ross snapped his fingers.

“Don’t worry my parents will keep them in line,” Christopher promised.

“That would be a first,” John Ross rolled his eyes. “Besides the way they act, you’d think this is a Christmas party. All that’s missing is the mistletoe!”

“Tell me about it, it’s a good thing they are too old to have any more kids,” Christopher sighed as he saw his parents kissing again.

“Yeah Rebecca’s more than enough!” John Ross agreed.

They looked displeased as they could overhear Rebecca’s voice saying, “And in my kingdom I decide that everyone have to report to me anything they find out tonight!”

Christopher and John Ross shook their heads and Chris said, “God she’s bossy!”

“Yeah well just keep her away from me and Paula tonight and I might forgive you for not watching them when Melissa was here!”

“Hey I’ve paid my dues,” Christopher said, pointing towards his costume.

“Yeah let’s just hope your guests won’t…” John Ross was interrupted by the doorbell.

“They’re here!” Christopher exclaimed excitedly before he hurried to open the door. To his surprise he found Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck and Daisy Duck standing outside of the door.

“Congratulations!!” They said in unison.

Christopher stared and said, “Thanks, um…come in I guess…” Christopher smiled strained.

“Thank you, what a big house this house is,” the guy, dressed out as Mickey Mouse, said.

“This is for you,” the girl, dressed as Minnie Mouse, said.

“Thanks,” Christopher said politely, as he accepted a big present. “The party is this way.” Christopher led his first guests into the living room where they were met by some happy children.

“Wow! I’ve always wanted to go to Disneyworld and now it’s like they’ve come into my living room!” Rebecca beamed.

“This is so cool,” Becky said. “I should sleepover here more often!”

“Those are some awesome party costumes,” Margaret said.

“Mom, where is the camera?” Rebecca shouted. “I want some pictures with them!”

“Alright, I’m coming…” Pam said and walked up to Christopher’s guests to introduce herself.

However not everyone was as happy to see the party guests. As Christopher placed his gift on the table John Ross walked up to him saying, “Please tell me your mom didn’t hire the Disney artists for entertainment…”

Christopher sighed, “No it’s worse, these are my new classmates!”

“My condolences man,” John Ross said when the doorbell rang again. John Ross and Christopher exchanged a look.

“I’m almost afraid to get that,” Christopher said.

“Oh come on man how much worse can it get?” John Ross asked.

Christopher walked over to the door and opened it and in came the Easter Bunny, Scooby Doo, Pippi Longstocking and a clown. Christopher sighed before he plastered on a smile and said, “Hi welcome, I’m Christopher!”

“Happy Birthday Christopher,” the newly arrived guests said in chorus. Then the clown gave Christopher a balloon animal.

“Thanks,” Christopher said in a strained voice. “But you can leave the gifts on the table in the living room.”

“Okay”, the clown replied and the four of them walked into the room where the party was.

John Ross walked up to Christopher and said, “What is this, some kind of joke?”

“I wish, this looks more like a party for Rebecca than me,” Christopher complained.

“I know, let’s hope the rest of the guests have more appropriate costumes,” John Ross said when the doorbell rang again.

“Well we’re about to find out,” Christopher sighed. Christopher opened the door and found The Little Mermaid Ariel, Pebbles and Bam-Bam from the Flintstones, SpongeBob, Supermario, Superman and a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles standing on the porch.

John Ross and Christopher exchanged a look, “This is insane, what are all these geeks doing here?” John Ross whispered. “They’re gonna scare away Paula!”

“Think of me then, I’m gonna go to school with these nerds for the next four years!!” Christopher sighed before letting the nerds enter their house.

K

Karin Schill

Inside the living room were the party guests standing alongside the wall, looking lost as they small talked to each other. Watching the sorry party scene Lucy tried to kick start the party by putting in an absolute hits CD into the CD player and turned up the volume. Soon Whigfield’s Saturday Night was playing. But the party guests didn’t move a muscle and no one started dancing. JR walked up to Lucy and said “Will you turn off that damn noise? It’s giving me a headache!”

“What don’t you like music uncle JR?”

“Of course I do, but that racket is not music!”

“Well it’s too bad you don’t like it, since that’s what teenagers listen to nowadays,” Lucy smiled sweetly. “Mitch, turn up the volume!”

Mitch and Lucy smiled at JR who made a face, as Mitch turned up the volume even more. But it didn’t help. The teenagers in the room were still not dancing. They were just standing in a corner and stared. “Come on you guys, don’t be shy, let’s get this party stared!” Lucy exclaimed. But still she didn’t get a response from the party guests. Lucy turned towards Donald and Daisy Duck and said, “Hey why aren’t you dancing?”

“I don’t know how to dance,” the girl dressed out as Daisy Duck replied.

“It’s easy. You just move to the music,” Lucy said. “Like this!” Lucy showed the teens a couple of dance moves, before she wrapped her arms around Mitch’s neck. “Come on Mitch we got to show them!”

“Lead the way, Miss Moneypenny,” Mitch said and they entered the dance floor.

“Okay kids, this is how you party!” Lucy smiled, before she and Mitch started to dance and Rebecca, Margaret and Becky joined them. But the party guests just stared at them.

Presea

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
I can't stand how Christopher is picking up John Ross' snottiness. Those kids were nice enough to come to his birthday party, and they have the nerve to consider them as "dorks". Cause John Ross is just such a winner compared to them. Umm....NOT! I hope that his bimbo girlfriend will hurry up and get there so she can humiliate him in front of everyone. Maybe that will make Christopher stop being his follower. Loved how Lucy and Mitch just started dancing, though. Reminds me of that Barbecue scene. They know how to get down!

Mrs Bobby James Ewing

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Great updates Karin.:) I still enjoy reading your story but I feel bad for Christopher being roped into having a silly masquerade party by his cousin John Ross so he can keep his girlfriend Paula from finding out that JR and Sue Ellen are his parents. :):(

K

Karin Schill

Thank you everyone for the feedback. I really appreciate it. :ex:

Presea, I'm glad that you enjoyed Lucy & Mitch dancing at the party. They know how to have a good time. :)
Yeah unfortunately Christopher looks up to John Ross even when he's wrong. :(
However as for his guests, I think you have forgotten what it's like to be 14. Since when you are that age you think you are an adult and you are trying so hard to act like an adult by distance yourself from the things that you enjoyed when you were a child. So yeah at that age dressing up in cartoon costumes or watching cartoons on TV is definitely not considered cool. It's only for dorks. At least that's the way it was where I was growing up. I agree it's not nice and there's a reason that I still consider the years I spent at Junior High (ages 13-16) as some of the worst years in my life. I never fitted in with the cool crowd. I was true to myself and yes I was what others would consider a dork! :Clol:

Sanda, yeah Christopher is definitely humiliated by the whole masquerade right now. But I promise you that when the party is over he will feel a lot better about it. ;)

Okay so it's time for another update:

Outside in the hallway were John Ross and Christopher sitting in the stairs in an attempt to avoid the party. “Finally some music!” Christopher smiled.

John Ross craned his neck to look into the living room and smiled, “Yeah good old cousin Lucy to the rescue!”

“So should we go dance?” Christopher asked.

“Nah, my girl’s not here yet!” John Ross said, before he laughed, “Don’t look now but your parents are about to start dancing!”

Christopher got up and to his horror he could see his parents dancing 70s disco moves. “Oh no, just what I didn’t need. Can this party get any worse?”

“Guess again,” John Ross pointed at the dance floor where some of the guests had started to imitate Bobby and Pam’s dance style.

“I’m dying,” Christopher sighed, when the doorbell rang. The boys exchanged a look and Christopher said, “Oh no more geeks!”

“Go get them!”

“You so owe me for this!” Christopher sighed before he went to open the door and on the other side he found three persons dressed out as a nurse, a witch and a punker.

Christopher smiled as the punker said, “Joe, you’re Christopher?”

“Yes, welcome!”

“Congrats man, 14 is a great age,” the punker said and handed Christopher a gift.

“Thanks,” Christopher took the gift. “Come on in.” They went in and Chris said, “This is my cousin John Ross.”

“Oh he’s cute,” the nurse said.

John Ross smiled, “Howdy.” Then he put his arm around Chris’s shoulders and said, “Well Chris I think the evening’s starting to shape up!”

The witch peaked into the living room and said, “Are we at the right place?”

“Are those people the guests?” The Punker asked, staring at the nerds.

“I’m afraid so,” John Ross made a face.

“Oh great,” the nurse said sarcastically.

“You might understand why I’m happy that you guys showed.” They nodded. “Now let’s get this party starting,” Christopher said and they all walked into the living room.

K

Karin Schill

Back in Philadelphia were the party guests seated for dinner in the big dining hall. Afton looked at the starter which consisted of little nick clams on the half shell and wondered how she was ever going to eat that slimy goo. She looked across the table where she could see Josephine and Henri eating their starters with a nice appetite.

Afton leant over towards Mario and whispered, “How many dishes are there for dinner?”

“Oh tonight we’re serving five courses,” Mario replied.

“Five?” Afton exclaimed. “I think I skip this one then, you know I need to think of my figure for the wedding.”

“You’re right you do,” Mario agreed before adding. “Besides gluttony has never been fashionable,” Mario then made a sign.

Afton sighed in relief when the waiter came back and took away her plate again. “So what else is for dinner?”

“The next course is chilled avocado soup with crispy shredded shrimp,” Mario replied and Afton sighed. “Then we’re having cold roasted duck with pineapple sauce.”

“Of course,” Afton smiled strained.

“Then for dessert we’re having fromage and finally we’re having coffee with chocolate éclairs.” Afton swallowed as she realized that she was in for a long dinner with awful food.

K

Karin Schill

Thank you for the feedback Silvie. I am glad that you're still enjoying this story. :)

Okay so here's tonight's update:

Back at Southfork had Paula just arrived to the party. She was dressed in a white low cut dress that reached her to the knees and wore a blond curly wig. John Ross grinned as he walked over to greet her by the door.

Paula smiled when she spotted him, giving him a kiss before she said, “Well hi there cowboy!”

“Hi there yourself,” John Ross smiled back. “You look gorgeous.”

“Thank you,” Paula smiled, before her hands travelled down his back and gave his butt a little squeeze. “And thank you for last night. I really enjoyed it!”

John Ross grinned, “Yeah me too!” They kissed again.

“So where’s your cousin?” Paula asked, after they had broken apart.

“Around,” John Ross replied.

“Well give him this, won’t you,” Paula handed John Ross an envelope.

“Why don’t we go find him and you can give it to him yourself?”

“Okay,” Paula nodded and they went into the living room.

“By the way I love your costume,” John Ross said and looked down into Paula’s cleavage.

“Well thank you!” Paula smiled. “I’ve always admired Marilyn Monroe so…”

“Well anything you wear I admire too!” John Ross said appreciating, as they walked up to Christopher. “Hey Chris, having a good time?”

“Not really! Can you believe all these geeks?!”

“Yeah sorry about that man. By the way remember Paula?” John Ross asked and when Christopher got a better look at John Ross date his jaw dropped open. John Ross smiled amused and whispered to Paula, “Told you, you were a knock out!”John Ross then turned back to Chris and said, “Hey cousin that’s my girl!”

Chris finally regained his speech and said, “Certainly. Nice to see you again Paula.”

“You too. Happy birthday,” Paula said and handed Chris the envelope.

Chris opened it, “Free tickets to the movies, thanks!”

“Yeah well that was all I knew you liked.”

“Nice of you babe,” John Ross said.

“Yeah real…” Christopher interrupted himself as he spotted a girl, with blond hair wearing a Cinderella dress, by the entrance. Next to her stood another girl dressed in a forties dress. “Wow!” Christopher said.

John Ross and Paula smiled amused at him and John Ross said, “Go on. Go say hello!”

However the girls came walking towards them. “Hi are you Christopher?” The girl in the forties dress asked.

“Aha,” Chris said still looking at the girl in the princess dress.

“Well good, I’m Mariah and this is Mary!” The girl in the forties dress introduced herself.

“Mary?” Christopher smiled.

Mary smiled back shyly, “Hi Christopher nice to meet you!”

“You too!” Chris agreed and they looked at each other.

“Hey you’re dressed as prince Charming right?” Mariah asked.

“Yes,” Christopher nodded.

“Well my friend Mary here’s Cinderella and if I remember it right Prince Charming married Cinderella!” Mariah said teasingly.

Mary blushed, “Mariah can you ever be quiet!”

John Ross laughed, “Hi I’m John Ross, Chris cousin and this is Paula.”

“Hi,” Mariah smiled before turning to Paula, “Hey cool costume!”

“Thanks,” Paula smiled. “And you are…”

“Maria,” Mariah replied.

“We know but what are you dressed out as?” Chris asked.

“Maria from Sound of music,” Mariah clarified.

“Oh,” John Ross said.

“Mary,” Mariah said. “Aren’t you forgetting something?”

“Oh right. Here is your present. Happy birthday,” Mary smiled.

Chris took the present she handed him and said, “Uh... thanks.”

“Aren’t you gonna open it?” John Ross asked.

“Yeah right,” Chris opened the present and found cologne! “Um…thank you.”

“Mary,” Mariah said.

“Oh right, here!” Mary handed Chris fourteen red roses.

“Roses?” Chris blushed. “For me?”

“Yeah one for each year... It’s my mom’s idea,” Mary blushed too. “You know how moms are...”

“Yeah I know mine is back,” Chris said.

“Huh?” Mariah raised an eyebrow. “What do you mean back...hadn’t she disappeared?”

“Mariah!” Mary scolded her friend. “That was rude. I’m so sorry...”

“It’s okay,” Chris said. “And you’re right she did run out of us. But she came back this summer.” Chris then handed the flowers to Teresa. “Teresa put the flowers in water for me.”

“Of course Mr. Christopher,” Teresa said and left.

“Why did she call you Mister?” Mary asked.

“Because she’s our housekeeper!” Christopher explained.

“So where’s your mom then?” Maria asked curiously.

“She’s the one over there...” Christopher pointed out Pam, who was standing in a corner of the room, kissing Bobby. Chris sighed, “Kissing my dad!”

They turned to look towards them and Mary said, “Maybe we should say hello later.”

“Good idea,” Christopher said. “So you wanna dance?”

“Yeah I’d love to,” Mary smiled before she took Christopher’s hand and they walked out on the dance floor together.

John Ross smiled and Paula said, “Well what do you know is that puppy love or what?”

“Yeah who knows maybe this evening could be interesting after all!”

“Yeah right,” Paula said sarcastically before she made a face clearly showing that she was bored already!

K

Karin Schill

At Wade’s house, Jenna, Charlie, Randy and Lucas was having dinner. Noticing that her aunt was missing Charlie turned to her mother and said, “Where is Aunt Martha?”

“She wasn’t feeling well so she’s eating in her room tonight,” Jenna replied.

“Oh that’s a shame,” Charlie said.

“She got sick at the store yesterday,” Lucas informed his sister. “One moment she was fine and the next she ran out!”

“Poor thing,” Charlie said.

“That’s strange,” Randy frowned, before he looked questioningly at Jenna, not able to shake the feeling that something wasn’t right.

However Jenna avoided his gaze and said, “So Lucas did you have a nice time playing with the Anderson's boy today?”

“Yes mama. We’re getting along very well,” Lucas nodded.

“That’s good,” Jenna said. “I’m glad you’ve made a new friend.”

“Me too!” Lucas smiled.

Randy leant over to Charlie and whispered, “Have you ever met this kid Lucas hangs with?”

“No, but I guess mom has,” Charlie shrugged her shoulders, indicating all was fine. But Randy looked concerned at Jenna wondering if she really had. After all I’m spending an awful lot of time at their house and I’ve never seen the kid once! Randy frowned before he shrugged his shoulders figuring it was not really his problem.

K

Karin Schill

Back at Southfork, Christopher was opening his gifts and found to his surprise some toys. Christopher looked displeased but then he noticed that his mom was video filming him and remembered his manners. “Thanks,” Christopher said in a strained voice as he put down yet another toy car on the gift table. “Well that was the last one. So please continue dancing now.”

People scattered and the punker said to Chris, “I’m sorry man. I wouldn’t want all of those toys!”

“Well neither do I but Rebecca can have them,” Christopher said.

“Who’s Rebecca?”

“My kid sister, see that little princess over by the potato chips?”

The Punker looked at Rebecca and said, “Well happy birthday to her then!”

K

Karin Schill

Over by the refreshment table was Rebecca standing eating potato chips when Margaret walked up to her. “So Princess do you want to hear Nancy Drew’s report?”

“Yeah give the good gossip to the princess,” Rebecca smiled.

“Okay at 6.30, your parents kissed for the first time. At 7.07 Princess Mary came and Prince Christopher got all gooey eyed and couldn’t say a word. At 7.10 Christopher got cologne.”

“What’s that?” Rebecca asked.

“Perfume for men that smells really bad.”

“Oh yuck!” Rebecca made a face. “I like his other gifts better!”

“Well I can see why!” Margaret agreed. “Anyway at 7.14, Christopher got fourteen red roses.”

Rebecca giggled, “Good report Nancy!”

“Wait there’s more. 7.16 Your parents kissed again. 7.17 Prince Charming danced with Cinderella. At 7.45 Christopher finished opening his gift and that’s all I’ve got so far!”

“Good work Nancy. However the next time I want to hear some about John Ross and Paula!”

Margaret’s eyes got wide open and she exclaimed, “Oh no I’m not spying on them!”

Rebecca put her hands on her hips and said, “Why not?”

“Because I’m afraid to, don’t you remember how he kicked me out of the room!”

“Well yeah but that was nothing!”

“No but he threatened us!” Margaret insisted. “I don’t dare to make him angry!”

“Alright then, but I want to know about everyone else pronto!”

“You’ve got it princess!” Margaret promised.

K

Karin Schill

On the other side of the living room were John Ross and Paula standing drinking punch when JR and Sue Ellen walked up to them. “John Ross hi!” Sue Ellen’s voice interrupted the couple’s conversation. “Aren’t you gonna introduce us to your lady friend?”

John Ross stopped dead in his tracks as he realized that he was busted and plastered on a fake smile before he said in a strained voice, “Mama, dad hello!”

John Ross could feel the palm of his hands start to sweet as his parents’ presence was making him really nervous. He knew that one slip of the tongue and Paula was going to find out his real identity. Luckily Paula didn’t seem to notice how uncomfortable he was as she seemed genuinely happy to meet his parents. “Oh so this is your parents.” Paula smiled at John Ross before she turned back towards the older couple extending her hand. “Hi I’m Paula Haynes, John Ross new girlfriend.”

Hearing her say she was his girl John Ross forgot everything else. He grinned proudly as Sue Ellen shook hands with Paula. “Girlfriend!” Sue Ellen smiled. “Well John Ross does have a thing for older women. I know it’s impolite to ask a woman about her age but…exactly how old are you dear?”

“Mama!” John Ross gave his mother a disapproving glance.

But Paula just smiled as she put her arm around John Ross’ waist saying, “No worries ma’am. I’m 22!”

“Really?” Sue Ellen gave John Ross a stern look. “I thought John Ross said you were in college.”

“I am. I just finished my masters and will go on to medical grad school!”

John Ross looked surprised and JR smiled, “Well isn’t Dallas a small town after all. I think I might know your father. Is he by any chance a doctor too?”

“Yes he is,” Paula smiled.

“Well what do you know,” JR grinned approvingly. “Give him my regards will you?”

“Certainly and who shall I say hello from?” Paula asked and John Ross’ face went as pale as a ghost, as he realized that his father was about to blow his cover.

“Oh I’m J…”

John Ross quickly interrupted JR before he could reveal his name saying, “Dad I just remembered Grandma wanted to see you in the kitchen!”

“What?” JR looked surprised.

“Yeah and you too mama!” John Ross insisted. “You better hurry.”

“But…” Sue Ellen tried to protest.

But John Ross smiled sweetly before he added, “You know grandma, she doesn’t like to be kept waiting…” John Ross then turned to Paula and said. “Paula darling I thought we were gonna dance!”

Paula looked toward the dance floor with all the nerdy kids and said, “I have a better idea let’s step outside for some air!”

John Ross grinned as he put his arm around Paula saying, “As you wish babe.”

Paula turned towards JR and Sue Ellen and said, “It was nice to meet you. Now if you’ll excuse us…” Paula and John Ross walked away.

“22, he’s really outdone himself this time!” Sue Ellen sighed as she was not amused. But JR just gave her his best shit eating grin. Looking at him she could read his face like an open book and what she saw tugged on her heartstrings, since JR was a proud father.