How long will it take us to get to 10,000 posts?

Long Lashes

Telly Talk Enforcer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
I still shake every time I post. It never went away.
I'm glad it doesn't put you off from still posting though. I can still get nervous at times, it depends on the thread and my current mood.

Oh boy! I have to have turkey for Thanksgiving!! I know you don’t celebrate Thanksgiving over there but you know, I’ve never had turkey on Christmas. I guess over here the big turkey day is Thanksgiving so Christmas we normally don’t have it.
I do envy you over there having Thanksgiving, it sounds like a wonderful celebration which brings the whole country together, but no turkey at Christmas? how do you cope :lol: what do you have instead?

I share this same problem. There are certain things I can’t keep in the house regularly cause I know what will happen. I will walk by the cupboards many times and I’m okay but then I start walking there a little more often then I should. Then I’ll stop in front of the cupboard and look at the knob on the door. And once I open the door it’s over. There’s no turning back then so it’s better I don’t buy certain things.
I'm terrible at times, I will be sat happily watching TV or whatever and then my mind sometimes wonders ... "mmm what do we have in the cupboard, I'm peckish" ... when the truth is I'm just being greedy. Luckily, at the moment my current craving is for tangerines so at least they're healthy.

Btw:- I'm still on the hunt for my favourite square crisps, none to be found anywhere..

I've discovered I can get them on-line, but it seems a bit extreme ordering some through the post. Do you buy these in your country DFF?

Long Lashes

Telly Talk Enforcer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie

Eagle Chat

Even thought they are a danger to the Eagles I would like to see more of the Owls.
I didn't realise they were a danger to our Eagles.

Owls are fascinating creatures. No recent sightings of the Owl in recent days.
Maybe no owls but other visitors have been on the nest .....

Such cute squirrels :D

Liberty is a loyal mate.

Yes, you're right Liberty is very loyal, I think I got her mixed up with Lipstick who has been known to swap partners :hide:

and a sleepy one at that.

That's a gorgeous photo, I love it when I'm watching live and one of them is dropping off.

They were back at the nest again yesterday...

:kiss:

Now I hope the other cam for Guy and Lipstick is restored for next season. They had this message on their page.

Hi PA Farm Country Fans! We appreciate your patience as we continue to work with the Pennsylvania Game Commission to get this cam back up and running. We're still working on the issue at hand and we will keep you aware of updates as they come up. Thanks for baring with us on the repair and maintenance of this camera!

That nest is always lively and I hope to see this duo soon.
Hopefully they will get that camera up again soon.

Long Lashes

Telly Talk Enforcer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie

Long Lashes

Telly Talk Enforcer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
It seems everyone has copied your "very hot" witches hat. I
I've set a trend on TT :danc:

I prefer my golden hotness crown.
Yes, yes, I know, I know .... :NI:

I named her after a Rock band and it fits well with her. She is a mystery plant as I do not know her bloom colour. It may be some time before I get that answer but she is doing well.
I thought I'd heard the name Flyleaf before and couldn't place it, now it makes sense :D are you a fan of the rock band?

I was shocked but she had many past bloom orchids that would not sell. I can't say no to these plants and they are all healthy and young.
What are you going to do from now on Michelle, will you have to avoid that store? the kind store-lady might have another batch of plants waiting for you :lol:

Yes, it's full. I was able to get all 31 on there but any others it's off to the hardware store.
At least that Tower was a good investment, otherwise you might've been struggling for space.

I tend to keep the early generation in high regard, the group before death struck in August of 2020 and the arrival of Plant Tower in November. Each plant as a story.
Its amazing how interesting each plant became/is, all their stories are so different :)

She is a beauty and I had no issue paying full price for her. I'll share photos soon.
I shall look forward to this! :hats:

Long Lashes

Telly Talk Enforcer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
I have found a place here where I can balance out the worry and stress that is here to stay , by being someone else....in fashion or hiding behind the anonymity provided by Biggie.
Join the club @Biggie :gotcha: ...... TT is like my cottage in the country.

I always say - " you can check out whenever you want but you can never leave" <--- or does this sound too freaky?

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I'm glad it doesn't put you off from still posting though. I can still get nervous at times, it depends on the thread and my current mood.
I think it’s normal to get nervous. I’m a very nervous person socially so I can relate, believe me.

I do envy you over there having Thanksgiving, it sounds like a wonderful celebration which brings the whole country together
Honestly, it’s my favorite holiday. And sadly i think it gets forgotten so often because of Christmas. We all have things to be thankful for, whether we realize it or not.

but no turkey at Christmas? how do you cope :lol: what do you have instead?
In my house growing up Christmas was a mish mosh as far as what we would eat. It was usually roast pork, fresh ham, goose, duck, fish, or something like that. I wouldn’t have minded turkey again but I guess because of Thanksgiving we never did that. Nowadays we’ll have something easier, like pasta. Usually it’s lasagna or baked ziti now.

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I'm terrible at times, I will be sat happily watching TV or whatever and then my mind sometimes wonders ... "mmm what do we have in the cupboard, I'm peckish"
I can’t watch tv without eating something, and I watch a lot of tv so we have a problem.

... when the truth is I'm just being greedy
You know, I never looked at it this way before Lashes. I thought I was just always hungry.

Luckily, at the moment my current craving is for tangerines so at least they're healthy.
I was never into anything in the orange family for some reason, and DFF will eat almost anything non-living. Perhaps I should start, as I know tangerines are very good for you.

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Btw:- I'm still on the hunt for my favourite square crisps, none to be found anywhere..
Ahhh! The hunt continues. You kill me Lashes!

I've discovered I can get them on-line, but it seems a bit extreme ordering some through the post
Oh no, that’s not extreme at all anymore. I deliver food to houses all day long. People order all kinds of stuff; bread, cupcakes, bagels, steaks, seafood, etc. I delivered a pig last week for a party. So I don’t think ordering a few crisps is so bad!

Do you buy these in your country DFF?
They don’t look familiar to me. I’ve never seen those here but I’m sure we probably have something similar.

This thread is making me very hungry all of a sudden.

Biggie

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Happy Gilmore
Join the club @Biggie :gotcha: ...... TT is like my cottage in the country.

I always say - " you can check out whenever you want but you can never leave" <--- or does this sound too freaky?
You can take a man out of Basingstoke, but you'll never Basingstoke out of the man kinda fact. Makes sense to me!

Biggie

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Happy Gilmore
I'm terrible at times, I will be sat happily watching TV or whatever and then my mind sometimes wonders ... "mmm what do we have in the cupboard, I'm peckish" ... when the truth is I'm just being greedy. Luckily, at the moment my current craving is for tangerines so at least they're healthy.

Well beer which was my craving is only barley hops and yeast. Healthy in every way!

Interesting fact, when I was getting ready to walk to One Stop I thought Hey, take the iPhone and soundtrack the beer run with some "bangin' tunes" Was intending on Sugababes to start with, but for a unknown reason I navigated to podcasts and saying hey, been a while since I was here and hit play.

Circling back to Charlotte De Witte's live techno sets was a winning idea.

If dark minimal twisted underground techno is what you need to keep living right. I recommend highly her live sets.

Long Lashes

Telly Talk Enforcer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Honestly, it’s my favorite holiday. And sadly i think it gets forgotten so often because of Christmas. We all have things to be thankful for, whether we realize it or not.
I like how much Thanksgiving means to you and your country and I agree, we do all have so much to be thankful for.

I remember as a child watching films and when Thanksgiving was being celebrated I just thought it was a different name for Christmas, how thick was I? no, don't answer that :lol:

In my house growing up Christmas was a mish mosh as far as what we would eat. It was usually roast pork, fresh ham, goose, duck, fish, or something like that. I wouldn’t have minded turkey again but I guess because of Thanksgiving we never did that.
Mmm.. that all sounds tasty. Do you have Christmas cake and Christmas pudding over there?

I can’t watch tv without eating something, and I watch a lot of tv so we have a problem.
Unless I'm really tired I'm the same. I bought a big pack of grapes the other day for my family to share, they've all gone, all eaten by me (in an hour) whilst watching TV.

I delivered a pig last week for a party. So I don’t think ordering a few crisps is so bad!
A pig? o_O poor little pig, but having said that I do love pork.

I've never ordered food online apart from hampers as gifts for other people, I did try to do our shopping on-line at the height of the pandemic and was unable to get a delivery slot.

Hope are we doing DFF as regards reaching our goal?

Long Lashes

Telly Talk Enforcer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
You can take a man out of Basingstoke, but you'll never Basingstoke out of the man kinda fact.
I'm ashamed to say that I've never been to Basingstoke, I need to remedy that. We live a lot further north than you Biggie , Lancashire.

Interesting fact, when I was getting ready to walk to One Stop I thought Hey, take the iPhone and soundtrack the beer run with some "bangin' tunes" Was intending on Sugababes to start with, but for a unknown reason I navigated to podcasts and saying hey, been a while since I was here and hit play.
Ah you might be able to answer one of my daft questions here. I've always wondered , what is the difference between a Podcast and a radio show? I honestly can't work it out. :confuse:

Circling back to Charlotte De Witte's live techno sets was a winning idea.

If dark minimal twisted underground techno is what you need to keep living right. I recommend highly her live sets.
I've just googled her and I see she is from Belgium. I do enjoy 'dark' sometimes so I will give her a listen.

Biggie

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Happy Gilmore
@Spooky Lashes Wow, you are really up north. If the wind blows you south, Basingstoke is a pretty worthwhile way point. Let me know when you're near, I'll prepare the peace pipe.

I'm not to clear on the delineation is between podcast and a radio show. I've just always navigated to podcast when exploring.

Yes the lady's from Belgium, Ghent I believe. I stumbled across her by noticing that she was one of very female DJ's spinning techno as click on her set to see what she was about and have to say, not disappointed. So, I sing her praises.

In all seriousness she is really worth investigating.

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I like how much Thanksgiving means to you and your country and I agree, we do all have so much to be thankful for.
We definitely do! Even DFF can forget how thankful he should be sometimes. I think around the holidays I get reflective about a lot of things I don’t have and I forget for a minute about all the things I do have. Luckily I’m always reminded.

I remember as a child watching films and when Thanksgiving was being celebrated I just thought it was a different name for Christmas, how thick was I? no, don't answer that :lol:
Well, I can understand that cause thanksgiving is not something you celebrate over there. It makes sense.

Do you have Christmas cake and Christmas pudding over there?
Growing up we did a lot of that. My grandmother and her sisters would make so many different kinds of cakes and pies at Christmas. Now it’s a little different. This generation of my family doesn’t do as much of that but I sure wish they did. But we do have a lot of different kinds of Christmas cookies. Sis-in-law handles most of that as she’s a terrific baker. But she’s very strict and yells at DFF for “illegal sampling” before dinner. DFF quite often has a few bruises by the time dinner is served every year.

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Unless I'm really tired I'm the same. I bought a big pack of grapes the other day for my family to share, they've all gone, all eaten by me (in an hour) whilst watching TV.
Oh I love grapes!! I can eat those all day. What’s ur favorite, red or green? I don’t think it even matters to me to be honest.

I did try to do our shopping on-line at the height of the pandemic and was unable to get a delivery slot.
I see. You’d be surprised how much food we were delivering in the summer of 2020. We still are but nothing like back then. I was literally going to the same houses a few times a week bringing them pretty much their weekly groceries. The stores were empty. It was mostly a lot of older people that were afraid to go out. It was quite sad but that was the reality of it.

Hope are we doing DFF as regards reaching our goal?
Our goal was 4500 by November 1 so we’ve already surpassed it. Time to set a new goal. I’m going to throw out there 4625 by December 1 since we’re already at 4515 with a week to go in October. DFF putting the Christmas pressure on all of you!!

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Ah you might be able to answer one of my daft questions here. I've always wondered , what is the difference between a Podcast and a radio show? I honestly can't work it out. :confuse:
If I may answer ur question ur Daftness, a radio show is live with a set day and time while a podcast is prerecorded for editing reasons. Other than that, there’s really not much difference between them.

Michelle Stevens

'The Lovely Michelle'
LV

Reaction score
Awards

Eagle Chat
I didn't realise they were a danger to our Eagles.

The owls own the night with their vision and skills in stealth attack. It's their young, eggs that are in danger not the adult birds.

Maybe no owls but other visitors have been on the nest .....

Funny! :D

Such cute squirrels :D

They are so cute. On the cam they call this one Braveheart.

Yes, you're right Liberty is very loyal, I think I got her mixed up with Lipstick who has been known to swap partners :hide:

LOL, that is true. :giggle: Our own Eagle Soap.
That's a gorgeous photo, I love it when I'm watching live and one of them is dropping off.

Indeed. The cam wasn't working for me this week or at least when I stop by.
They were back at the nest again yesterday...

:kiss:
This is such a great capture! :10:They have such a tight bond. :)
Hopefully they will get that camera up again soon.

Indeed. I'm glad Eagle season seems to have started early even though we are months away from egg laying.

Michelle Stevens

'The Lovely Michelle'
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Omg! I need to watch out for that strong right arm :eck:
You have that right my friend and my strong left as well.
I've spent an extra hour per day in the TT Gym readying for any challenge you may pose to me.
Pillows or Purses? :confuse:

.... both! :p
You asked for it my friend. We'll have this Royal Hotness Rumble. :box:

Michelle Stevens

'The Lovely Michelle'
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I've set a trend on TT :danc:
Indeed, everyone has one.

I fell bad as I couldn't think of a good Halloween name this year. Christmas is easier with me with Mistletoe Stevens.
Yes, yes, I know, I know .... :NI:

:p
I thought I'd heard the name Flyleaf before and couldn't place it, now it makes sense :D are you a fan of the rock band?

Yes, they were a good Rock band. BTW here is an image of my Flyleaf.

She came to me last month (like Tippie) naked in a box from Indiana. She has leaves that were damaged by withering, a true plant in need. This image is a few days after I got her. Now she is sprout a new leaf and she inherited PV's old pot.
What are you going to do from now on Michelle, will you have to avoid that store? the kind store-lady might have another batch of plants waiting for you :lol:
LOL, well Michelle ran into that this week, Monday. Orchids are not selling well for $22 so she has had many that have been there since August or earlier. Just as I was leaving she said "wait". She asked it I wanted four more. I knew there were ones in decline in the past few weeks when I have been there. I said yes, of course. I could not seem them being tossed in the bin. I just took these loveys and headed to my local Lowe's (hardware store). I bought a new wire shelf (Plant Tower #2) and returned home and ordered a new plant light. I knew this was to happen as some point.
At least that Tower was a good investment, otherwise you might've been struggling for space.

Agreed! In the past two months I have been given eight free orchids so I'm happy to save these plants. It's a hobby I enjoy! Thank you for getting me into this with your talk of Orkie years ago.
Its amazing how interesting each plant became/is, all their stories are so different :)
Indeed, even with this October haul from the grocery store the flower lady dropped one of the orchid's exterior pot and she thought I would reject the plant. Of course not but that makes for another story for that plant that I will remember and put into my book someday. ;)
I shall look forward to this! :hats:
Here are some of my recent orchids.

left to right. 3 of the 5 from the September haul. Stratus, Singer and Pumpkin. Right are the yet unnamed Orchids from this October haul, this past Monday.

I have two others from the September haul that were not photoed as they have dropped their blooms. BTW, the images were taken on the new Plant Tower #2 which is not finished.

Long Lashes

Telly Talk Enforcer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Wow, you are really up north. If the wind blows you south, Basingstoke is a pretty worthwhile way point. Let me know when you're near, I'll prepare the peace pipe.
We are 223 miles apart @Biggie or a good 4 hour drive ....

Do you ever travel up north in your job?

I'm not to clear on the delineation is between podcast and a radio show. I've just always navigated to podcast when exploring.
Oh I see. This brings me to yet another daft question :lol: may I ask where do you find your Podcasts? its just that I'm new to Podcasts and the only site I've found them so far is BBC iPlayer.

Yes the lady's from Belgium, Ghent I believe. I stumbled across her by noticing that she was one of very female DJ's spinning techno as click on her set to see what she was about and have to say, not disappointed. So, I sing her praises.

In all seriousness she is really worth investigating.
I'm ashamed to say I've still not given Charlotte a listen. I promise, the very next song I listen to (which will be when I log out of here) will be one of hers :cool: