What was the last film you watched?

James from London

International Treasure
LV
6
 
Awards
18
Oh yeah, I forgot he was in Pride.
 

Seaviewer

Telly Talk Warrior
Top Poster Of Month
LV
9
 
Awards
20
The Heat with Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy.

One of those movies where the trailer is all you really need to see.
 

Sarah

Moderator Emerita
LV
5
 
Awards
15
It was 'A Quiet Place'. I have waited for it for months and I can honestly say it is the single biggest disappointment for a supposed horror movie that I've seen in a long long time. Absolutely gutted. I feel cheated.
 

Seaviewer

Telly Talk Warrior
Top Poster Of Month
LV
9
 
Awards
20
The Terminal starring Tom Hanks.

More than a few implausibilities but still packs an emotional punch.
 

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV
9
 
Awards
27
The-Girl-on-the-Train-2016.jpg


I liked it right from the beginning, the characters and scenery eliminated the need for a proper story. I just wanted to watch them, I wanted to be that girl on the train.
But unfortunately it became a mystery, and the big reveal came long before the official reveal.
It could have been more, it could have been....a season.
 

Seaviewer

Telly Talk Warrior
Top Poster Of Month
LV
9
 
Awards
20
Romy and Michele's High School Reunion starring Mira Sorvino and Lisa Kudrow

Not as funny as it thinks it is but entertaining in its way. Also notable for early appearances by some stars who would become much better known, including Camryn Manheim (The Practice, Ghost Whisperer) and Alan Cumming (The Good Wife, Instinct).
 

Mel O'Drama

Admin
LV
16
 
Awards
44
Also notable for early appearances by some stars who would become much better known, including Camryn Manheim (The Practice, Ghost Whisperer) and Alan Cumming (The Good Wife, Instinct).

Probably dating myself here, but I can't get past thinking of Cumming's American career as something new and novel. Even his earlier stuff.

To me, he'll always be that guy from The High Life.

 

James from London

International Treasure
LV
6
 
Awards
18
To me, he'll always be that guy from The High Life.

Or even that guy from Take the High Road.

In this afternoon's episode, Jim tries to pay for a pint of milk but Isobel willnae hear of it:

 

Seaviewer

Telly Talk Warrior
Top Poster Of Month
LV
9
 
Awards
20
You Again, starring Kristen Bell, Jamie Lee Curtis, Sigourney Weaver and Betty White.

Three generations of divas in a timely treatise on bullying, plus a surprise appearance from...
 

J. R.'s Piece

Telly Talk Star
LV
2
 
Awards
8
I watched Rex Harrison and Gene Tierney in The Ghost and Mrs Muir

Probably dating myself here, but I can't get past thinking of Cumming's American career as something new and novel. Even his earlier stuff.

To me, he'll always be that guy from The High Life.
Before that, Alan Cumming was the guy from The Airzone Solution to me. Which had starred Colin Baker, Sylvester McCoy, Peter Davison, Jon Pertwee, Nicola Bryant, Michael Wisher and Nicholas Briggs. Those names seem vaguely familiar to me but I can’t quite place them.
6AD29492-C083-4782-B959-16F2E4995B6E.jpeg
 
Last edited:

J. R.'s Piece

Telly Talk Star
LV
2
 
Awards
8
The Big Money
Starring Ian Carmichael, Belinda Lee (who was killed in a car accident at the age of 25), Leslie Phillips, James Hayter, Ferdy Mayne and Jill Ireland
 

Seaviewer

Telly Talk Warrior
Top Poster Of Month
LV
9
 
Awards
20
Lovelace starring Amanda Seyfried

Unusual non-linear narrative revealing the tragic story of the artist formerly known as Linda Lovelace.
 
Last edited:
Top