What was the last film you watched?

Seaviewer

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The Terminal starring Tom Hanks.

More than a few implausibilities but still packs an emotional punch.

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV

Reaction score
Awards

I liked it right from the beginning, the characters and scenery eliminated the need for a proper story. I just wanted to watch them, I wanted to be that girl on the train.
But unfortunately it became a mystery, and the big reveal came long before the official reveal.
It could have been more, it could have been....a season.

Seaviewer

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Junior.

Surprisingly poignant. No doubt the Reitman influence. And Schwarzenegger can do more than say "I'll be back." Who knew?

Seaviewer

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Romy and Michele's High School Reunion starring Mira Sorvino and Lisa Kudrow

Not as funny as it thinks it is but entertaining in its way. Also notable for early appearances by some stars who would become much better known, including Camryn Manheim (The Practice, Ghost Whisperer) and Alan Cumming (The Good Wife, Instinct).

Mel O'Drama

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Also notable for early appearances by some stars who would become much better known, including Camryn Manheim (The Practice, Ghost Whisperer) and Alan Cumming (The Good Wife, Instinct).

Probably dating myself here, but I can't get past thinking of Cumming's American career as something new and novel. Even his earlier stuff.

To me, he'll always be that guy from The High Life.

James from London

International Treasure
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards

Or even that guy from Take the High Road.

In this afternoon's episode, Jim tries to pay for a pint of milk but Isobel willnae hear of it:

Seaviewer

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
You Again, starring Kristen Bell, Jamie Lee Curtis, Sigourney Weaver and Betty White.

Three generations of divas in a timely treatise on bullying, plus a surprise appearance from...

J. R.'s Piece

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I watched Rex Harrison and Gene Tierney in The Ghost and Mrs Muir

Probably dating myself here, but I can't get past thinking of Cumming's American career as something new and novel. Even his earlier stuff.

Before that, Alan Cumming was the guy from The Airzone Solution to me. Which had starred Colin Baker, Sylvester McCoy, Peter Davison, Jon Pertwee, Nicola Bryant, Michael Wisher and Nicholas Briggs. Those names seem vaguely familiar to me but I can’t quite place them.
6AD29492-C083-4782-B959-16F2E4995B6E.jpeg

Last edited:

J. R.'s Piece

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The Big Money
Starring Ian Carmichael, Belinda Lee (who was killed in a car accident at the age of 25), Leslie Phillips, James Hayter, Ferdy Mayne and Jill Ireland

Seaviewer

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Lovelace starring Amanda Seyfried

Unusual non-linear narrative revealing the tragic story of the artist formerly known as Linda Lovelace.

Last edited:

J. R.'s Piece

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Desert Mice. With Alfred Marks, Patricia Bredin, Sidney James, Dora Bryan, Dick Bentley, Reginald Beckwith, Irene Handl, Liz Fraser, Anthony Bushell and John Le Mesurier

The Wicked Lady. Starring Margaret Lockwood, Griffith Jones,
James Mason, Michael Ronnie and Sir Felix Aylmer

The Delavine Affair. Starring Peter Reynolds, Honor Blackman and Gordon Jackson

The Mark of Zorro. 1940. Starring Tyrone Power and Basil Rathbone.

And The Same To You. 1959. Starring Brian Rex, Leo Franklyn, Tommy Cooper, Vera Day, William Hartnell, Miles Malleson, Shirley Anne Field, Arthur Mullard and Terry Scott. “With a guest star appearance of Sidney James”. With additional script material by John Junkin and Terry Nation.

All Night Long. Starring Patrick McGoohan, Keith Michell and Richard Attenborough. With Bernard Braden, Dave Brubeck, Johnny Dankworth and Charles Mingus

Dry Rot. 1956. Starring Ronald Shiner, Brian Rex, Peggy Mount, Lee Patterson, Sidney James and Joan Sims

The Big Job. 1965. Starring Sidney James, Sylvia Syms, Dick Emery, Joan Sims, Lance Percival, Jim Dale, Edina Ronay, Deryck Guyler, Reginald Beckwith, Brian Rawlinson, Wanda Ventham and Frank Thornton. Screenplay by Talbot Rothwell, Music by Eric Rogers, produced by Peter Rogers and directed by Gerald Thomas.

Too Many Crooks. 1959. Starring Terry-Thomas, George Cole, Brenda De Banzie, Bernard Bresslaw. With Sidney James, Vera Day, Delphi Lawrence, John Le Mesurier, Sydney Tafler, Nicholas Parsons and Terry Scott.

Life At The Top. 1965. Starring Laurence Harvey, Jean Dimmons, Honor Blackman and Michael Craig

Last edited:

J. R.'s Piece

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Oops! Did I really put Jean Dimmons instead of Jean Simmons? Oh dear.

Saw Aileen Marson starring in The Way of Youth. Sadly, she died just five years later at the age of 27, while giving birth to twins.

Watched Thunderstorm with Charles Korvin (later star of ITC’s Interpol Calling) plotting against Carlos Thompson (ITC’s The Sentimental Agent from ITC’s Man of the World and ITC’s The Sentimental Agent).

Build My Gallows High

They Cam’t Hang Me. Starring Terence Morgan

The House Across The Lake. 1954. Starring Alex Nicol, Hilary Brooke, Sidney James, Susan Stephen, Paul Carpenter, Alan Wheatley, Peter Illing and Joan Hickson. Paul Carpenter was found dead in his theatre dressing room in his early 40s, having played lead roles in several films and also provided the voice of the Invisible Man in a few episodes of ITC’s H. G. Wells’ Invisible Man.

Watched Hy Hazell in The Lady Craved Excitement. With Michael Medwin and Sidney James. Remember that Hy Hazell passed away when she choked to death on her steak.

Watched The Iron Maiden. 1962. A Peter Rogers production, starring Michael Craig (by arrangement with Columbia Pictures Corporation), Anne Helm, Jeff Donnell, Alan Hale, Noel Purcell, Cecil Parker, Roland Culver, Joan Sims, John Standing, Brian Oulton, Sam Kyff, Judith Furse, Richard Thorp and Jim Dale. With Anton Rodgers and “The Duke of Bedford as Himself”. With music by Eric Rogers and directed by Gerald Thomas.

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
upload_2018-8-31_22-53-40.png

It was on YouTube, and I had never seen the full movie. It was more fun than I thought it would be - and I think it's time for a sequel.