Locations

johnmmil10

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
1
Here is one that hasn’t been shared. In Trouble at Ewing 23, Bobby deals with an issue in Lamesa, Texas. The airport scenes were filmed at the Caddo Mills Municipal Airport in Caddo Mills, Texas.

How did I learn about this? You would think maybe because I live a few minutes from here. That’s true but that isn’t it! A coworker told me about her mom coming out here to watch them film the scene! Apparently a lot of people from town came to watch and meet the actors!

69B3A36E-2605-4180-AA78-4D1B12B1F375.jpeg

https://goo.gl/maps/SmRehhZ35FJiLHHW8
 

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
0
 
Bocaccio's at Westlake, Thousand Oaks, CA was a great find. Lots of scenes were filmed there...just wasn't obvious before being noted earlier in the thread.

Here's dvd s11...e16 I think. JR & Kimberly meet there. And Kimberly and Swellen meet at a DOA meeting where K is asking S about being married to strong men. The hills give it away.

Kimberly JR at Westlake lake.png

Swellen Westlake.png

Pic search for Bocaccios'.

Bocaccios.jpg
 

johnmmil10

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
1
Bocaccio's at Westlake, Thousand Oaks, CA was a great find. Lots of scenes were filmed there...just wasn't obvious before being noted earlier in the thread.

Here's dvd s11...e16 I think. JR & Kimberly meet there. And Kimberly and Swellen meet at a DOA meeting where K is asking S about being married to strong men. The hills give it away.

View attachment 17601

View attachment 17602

Pic search for Bocaccios'.

View attachment 17604
Yes! It does pop up a lot! I suspect that same complex is where the Casa Espana exterior shot was taken, too.
 

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
0
 
I'm wondering if Casa Espana is "located" in Highland Park Village, where Driscoll's wife was set up by JR & Harry. I'm looking at the curved window structures. I'll have to catch the next Casa Espana shot I come across and check.

This is Highland Park Village, Dallas, at Mockingbird & Preston.

Casa Espana Loc Highland Park.png
 

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
0
 
Yeah JM10...I think you have it...Westlake. Note the upper railing, that likely wasn't present at the Highland Park location.

First, the episode shot dvd s11e19, then current. Also note the space between the building, which as been remodeled since, and parking...plenty of green and walkway.

Casa Espana.png
Casa Espana Loc Westlake.png
 

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
0
 
Just noticed this. Look at the window size differences in DALLAS vs the other.

DALLAS. Outside view. Center half-round, then smaller half-round, the square.
casa-espana-png.17623



Google search. The inside view window configuration matches.
l.jpg


I still don't know how jm10 found this...amazing.
 

johnmmil10

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
1
Just noticed this. Look at the window size differences in DALLAS vs the other.

DALLAS. Outside view. Center half-round, then smaller half-round, the square.
casa-espana-png.17623



Google search. The inside view window configuration matches.
l.jpg


I still don't know how jm10 found this...amazing.
Not sure either. The windows in the Westlake complex are all so different! Some rectangular, some wide arches, some narrow arches. But you can see all of them in the picture you posted. Not sure what the builders were thinking!

Speaking of arches, here is a location that remains a mystery. In Rodeo, Bobby takes Sue Ellen to Braddock to get out of the house. Here they pull up outside the pharmacy and agree to meet up later.
street.PNG street2.PNG

The buildings still look similar, although some changes have occurred. Here is the street view of what it looks like now: https://www.google.com/maps/@33.019...PEozRiNQ!2e0!5s20150601T000000!7i13312!8i6656

The scene cuts away and the next time we see Sue Ellen she is about to enter a restaurant. This is the location I have not yet found. Has anyone else had any luck? Once I learned about the Westlake complex, this scene came back to mind, but I don't think it can be after looking further.
arches.PNG arches2.PNG
 

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
0
 
"Casa Espana" seems to be Westlake. Boccacio's current interior shot with windows fits the "Casa Espana" outside view. But this view to me does not reconcile with what I see at the Westlake complex. Where are Boccacio's windows facing? That's what has me thinking about this.

The Swellen shopping pic to me looks like Highland Park Village, but the windows don't quite match. Of course, that was 40 years ago, and has likely been updated.
 
Last edited:

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
0
 
OK. This clears up the Boccaccio's window issue, tho' you have to look a bit at these lakeside pics.

These window configurations for "Casa Espana" match Boccaccio's lakeside profile, not the parking lot profile. I searched a lot of pics and was hard-pressed to get a good lakeside exterior shot or two or three.
Bocs 1.jpg


For this shot, under the Boccaccio's sign is a curved window, matching.
Bocs 2.jpg

In this shot, you see the curved window again.
Bocs 3.jpg

Here's an interior pic with the curved window to the left looking out over dockside and the lake.
Bocs 4.jpg

Here's another interior shot looking out toward the lake through a curved window.
Bocs 5.jpg
 
Last edited:

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
0
 
johnmmil10 said:
Speaking of arches, here is a location that remains a mystery. In Rodeo, Bobby takes Sue Ellen to Braddock to get out of the house. Here they pull up outside the pharmacy and agree to meet up later.
17647-0226a16a0e6ba67d162f64586936dc95.jpg

Found this in Plano around the corner, complete with arches next door.

Brodhead.png

https://www.google.com/maps/@33.0192209,-96.7006128,3a,39.5y,110.68h,97.19t/data=!3m11!1e1!3m9!1sAF1QipPPyQPwQ7girv87HRJbuc9l1qObXeOIWsFZ1KNV!2e10!3e11!6shttps://lh5.googleusercontent.com/p/AF1QipPPyQPwQ7girv87HRJbuc9l1qObXeOIWsFZ1KNV=w203-h100-k-no-pi-0-ya343.39435-ro-0-fo100!7i8704!8i4352!9m2!1b1!2i33
 
Last edited:

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
0
 

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
0
 
Question on old hospital shots. Not sure of these locations.

Here's Jock leaving. Is this an old Parkland shot? dvd s02e09
Jock Hosp Exit.png

Here's a shot of the building above and behind Jock, maybe Parkland.
JR Hosp 2.png

Here's a JR hospital shot. Looks like an office building, but not BSA in Irving.
JR Hosp 1.png


And here's JR inside an atrium-looking room. Looks like a hotel, maybe the Quorom/Addison.
JR Hosp 3.png
 
Last edited:

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
0
 
Guesswork. Could be Boccacio's area before a building renovation. The curb indicates parking lot side of the building. ...just a thought.

17649-a9e327f5cd4e238a04e6ba9d86b58365.jpg
 

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
0
 
Ok. Another Swellen home I'm interested in. Watching dvd s12e02 as Swellen drives up to her new home. Looks like Dallas...no palm trees on the drive up or on the property, that I saw. Plus the road is the small, curb-less road seen around Old Preston Hollow, Dallas. On the other hand, by now most if not all shots besides S/F are in LA/Culver. So, like I said, curious about this home.

Swellens FInal Home.png
 

Retired Account 1

Telly Talk Active Member
Retired Member
LV
0
 
Awards
3
Question on old hospital shots. Not sure of these locations.

Here's Jock leaving. Is this an old Parkland shot? dvd s02e09
View attachment 17756

Here's a shot of the building above and behind Jock, maybe Parkland.
View attachment 17758

Here's a JR hospital shot. Looks like an office building, but not BSA in Irving.
View attachment 17759


And here's JR inside an atrium-looking room. Looks like a hotel, maybe the Quorom/Addison.
View attachment 17757


I'm confused because I found others locations for the hospital ( season 12 episode 01) and here's a picture of the Dallas medical center, maybe some scenes were shot therevlcsnap-2019-08-30-16h43m04s851.jpg vlcsnap-2019-08-30-16h43m29s578.jpg Capture d’écran 2019-08-30 à 16.09.21.png
 

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
0
 
CR - great shot of Dallas Medical Center. Yeah...the folks working the establishing shots were not on the ball.

On of my pics above looks like it could've been at your bottom pic...as Jock looks to be under a portico. I could see changing the hospital shot over time, as changes happen to med facilities quite often. These careless folks working on the establishing shots just never got a handle on common sense or consistency on the establishing shots. They're all over the map.
 
Last edited:

johnmmil10

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
1
I like to read iamnotastalker.com. The author writes about locations seen on television. Her recent post gave away a Dallas location I had not yet found.

In ‘The Wheeler Dealer’ Jock, Ellie, Bobby and Pam visit Amanda in the facility where she lives. This is actually the Mayfield Senior School in Pasadena, California.

6076F0FF-6BCB-4B09-B23C-C49BEA302B33.jpeg 2846FFC5-1F03-4040-9362-1B59531FA889.jpeg E9AABDD4-B5DF-4A0A-A010-D0FE4E18C37C.jpeg 12A21B78-FC05-4A1C-A380-619BE693B376.jpeg
 

johnmmil10

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
1
Ok. Another Swellen home I'm interested in. Watching dvd s12e02 as Swellen drives up to her new home. Looks like Dallas...no palm trees on the drive up or on the property, that I saw. Plus the road is the small, curb-less road seen around Old Preston Hollow, Dallas. On the other hand, by now most if not all shots besides S/F are in LA/Culver. So, like I said, curious about this home.

View attachment 17766
This one is at 5526 Delooache Ave. Looks a little different today! Someone was having a party when the Google Maps car drove by. https://goo.gl/maps/oBaW5D5n1q2j5mgm6

Funny to think that Sue Ellen ended up living on the same street as Holly Harwood (5823 Deloache Ave)!
 
Last edited:

johnmmil10

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
1
CR - great shot of Dallas Medical Center. Yeah...the folks working the establishing shots were not on the ball.

On of my pics above looks like it could've been at your bottom pic...as Jock looks to be under a portico. I could see changing the hospital shot over time, as changes happen to med facilities quite often. These careless folks working on the establishing shots just never got a handle on common sense or consistency on the establishing shots. They're all over the map.

All over the map is correct!

There could be a whole thread to the hospitals! Jock is leaving what is now Texas Health Presbyterian. 8200 Walnut Hill Ln, Dallas, TX 75231. The main entrance has been redone some through the years.

I am not sure where the scene was shot with Sue Ellen pushing the wheelchair. I haven’t been able to confirm that spot, but I don’t believe it was at an actual hospital.

The therapy pool scene and the Fairview hotel pool scenes where Bobby meets with the McLeish brothers were both shot at the Sheraton Dallas Hotel at 4801 LBJ Freeway. The pool is still there, but is no longer enclosed.
45CFF47C-8F73-4F5C-B4C8-ACDADD3AEE6D.jpeg

@cheaproberts pictures were filmed at other locations.
6F009D67-E696-44AC-A0F3-E27639FAF556.jpeg
This was shot at Baylor University Medical Center. This is where Pam was flown to by helicopter and where Ray and Jenna leave with Lucas.

FB1758BD-E65E-4CE5-8031-66782F50CB11.jpeg
This was filmed at Baylor Scott and White—Irving. This is where Lucy brings John Ross to Sue Ellen.

6108BA62-6686-4F3A-818E-71D880C28D6C.jpeg
Then there is the Dallas Memorial Hospital where Mickey was taken. This is actually the Dallas Methodist Hospital. It’s exterior has changed a bit, too.

As already mentioned, Bobby’s version of Dallas Memorial was filmed at the Boy Scouts of America’s office in Irving.

I think this is all of the Dallas area hospitals seen onscreen. Then there are the California hospitals...
 
Last edited:
Top