• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
Here´s this week´s video with the trivia subject of "Top 22 Actors Who Started on the Supersoaps". This doesn´t include those who already had a professional career behind or those who left acting a few years after their debuts. As usual, I´m taking into account the 4 major soaps. I hope you like the video!

Michael Torrance

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I could not rank them or, as it turns out, count to ten, but here are the episodes that I think stand out in terms of propelling the show's story or showing the core of it ("A Love Remembered" with Blake and Alexis).

Oil, part III (or Oil in US showings) (Season 1)
The Birthday Party (Season 1)
Enter Alexis (Season 2)
Alexis' Secret (Season 2)
Viva Las Vegas (Season 2)
The Wedding (Season 3)
The Vote (Season 3)
A Little Girl (Season 4)
The Verdict (Season 5)
Royal Wedding (Season 5)
The Trial: Part I (Season 6)
A Love Remembered: Parts I & II (Season 7)
Every Picture Tells A Story (Season 9)
Blasts from The Past (Season 9)

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I could not rank them or, as it turns out, count to ten, but here are the episodes that I think stand out in terms of propelling the show's story or showing the core of it ("A Love Remembered" with Blake and Alexis).

Oil, part III (or Oil in US showings) (Season 1)
The Birthday Party (Season 1)
Enter Alexis (Season 2)
Alexis' Secret (Season 2)
Viva Las Vegas (Season 2)
The Wedding (Season 3)
The Vote (Season 3)
A Little Girl (Season 4)
The Verdict (Season 5)
Royal Wedding (Season 5)
The Trial: Part I (Season 6)
A Love Remembered: Parts I & II (Season 7)
Every Picture Tells A Story (Season 9)
Blasts from The Past (Season 9)

Thanks a lot for your votes, the selection is beginning to shape up...;)

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Time for a new video and for jumping into the crazy but glamorous world of Supersoaps, this time to remember the most glamorous parties we could attend during the 80s! Enjoy the video!

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Finally our SoapChat is back...and my Supersoaps videos too...Next is...

"Top 12+1 Supersoap Characters who outstayed their welcome". You know them, you fear them, you fast-forward their scenes...because they just weren´t the fabulous characters you watched the shows for. And sometimes they seemed not to want to leave for anything in the world. Don´t miss the video: you might get a few laughs at some point of it!

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
This year´s second video is Dynasty-centric: the long-awaited Top 10 Best Episodes (excluding season finales and The Reunion). Thanks to all the people here who contributed by sending me their episode lists! I hope you enjoy the video!

Michael Torrance

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
What a great collection and such well-put together info-nuggets placed along the clips! Thank you so much @Toni!

Richard Channing

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
That was fun! Some surprising choices in the top 10, and some surprising omissions. There were a few episodes I expected to see that didn't make it.

Nice to see you get a little plug in for Soapchat in your introduction.

Anyway, great video and lots of great clips. Btw whenever I see that scene when Blake and Krystle reunite in Singapore and she says "You're my life!" it makes me feel a bit nauseous. :D

Michael Torrance

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Btw whenever I see that scene when Blake and Krystle reunite in Singapore and she says "You're my life!" it makes me feel a bit nauseous. :D

I know "B&K forever" fans will hate me for it, but whenever I hear Krystle's declarations of eternal love I always think she doth protest too much, and that she would be a poster woman for Freudian displacement (from Matthew and others to Blake).

Zara

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
That was fun! Some surprising choices in the top 10, and some surprising omissions. There were a few episodes I expected to see that didn't make it.

Nice to see you get a little plug in for Soapchat in your introduction.

Anyway, great video and lots of great clips. Btw whenever I see that scene when Blake and Krystle reunite in Singapore and she says "You're my life!" it makes me feel a bit nauseous. :D

It's beautiful. JF was a better actor than LE, though.

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
It's beautiful. JF was a better actor than LE, though.
I hate the scene -- especially the part leading up to it where Krystle bleats and whimpers beside the limo in need of a new tire. Just awful.

Linda was a good actor in S1 and S2. But we know what happened after that. Sometimes I wonder if they actually began telling her to act like the spasmy wimp (like the one they told Emma Samms to be when THE COLBYS started). So Krystle would be Jerry to Alexis' Tom -- only Jerry the mouse was much tougher than Krystle turned out to be.

I recall an interview with Linda regarding the 1991 Reunion when she said she had to go back and watch old episodes to see how she'd played Krystle and was surprised by what she found, but said, "then that's how I'll do it." So she was obviously aware there was something wrong with her performance in much of the show (of course, critics would accuse her of not being able to act her way out of a paper bag, and she made comments at the time suggesting that she was aware of the slams).

Interestingly, Linda didn't act that way away from DYNASTY when she did other TV movies. So someone effed her up as Krystle.

Maybe it was her huffing all that perfume.

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Until the wicked Consortium tracks us down again, the Top 10 Dynasty video will be available here:

Zara

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I enjoyed the scene (especially Alexis looking on from the balcony) but that line from Linda was too cheesy and saccharine for me I'm afraid.

Any suggestions to what the line should have been?

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Here is this week´s first video, celebrating the Top 10 jinxed weddings in the Supersoaps. I hope you like it (if it "disappears", I´ll upload it somewhere else...). I tried to make my own "restoration" to some of the clips though I´m afraid it´s not too sophisticated...

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
New video this week dedicated to the best (or worst!) fashion statements done by the supersoap designers that would make funny choices for Carnival! I hope you like it!

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I'm suprised that Alexis' costume for La Mirage's party was nominated as I find it very nice. But this outfit deserved a nomination !!

@GillesDenver, I searched for this costume but didn´t find it! Do you remember in what episode it appeared? I would have called it "It´s a bird? It´s a plane? No, it´s Mécha Alexis!!"