Tea/coffee: With sugar or without?

Richard Channing

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I probably only drink about 2 cups of coffee per week. I can't have sugar so I have one spoon of xylitol which is a healthy sweetener (I think it's made from a tree bark). It's great for anyone who wants a healthy alternative. It looks just like sugar and you use the same amount.

1597357251206.png

I very rarely drink black tea although I drink a lot of homemade chai and will add a tea bag if I want a caffeine hit. I'll add a spoonful of xylitol to that too. But mostly I drink matcha with no sweetener.

Emelee

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Had coffee at work today and they had run out of milk. I decided to try a little bit of sugar instead. Yuck!!! Never again. Wasn't to my liking.

Rove

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Near my place of work there is a cafe with one of the best reputations in town. During my first break I enjoy a cappuccino, no sugar, as the chocolate sprinkled on top creates the sweetness. At home I will have one coffee (with milk) in the morning but since it's instant I'll add half a teaspoon of raw sugar just to give it some kick. My dad loves tea. I cannot handle the smell or taste and so when he visits I present all the ingredients on a serving tray for him to make. Strangely even though I didn't make it he says it always tastes better.

bmasters9

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards

Mo Mouse

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
My only real contribution to the great debate is that I always prefer having my tea out of a mug with the handle on the left hand side. I can't seem to pick the mug up properly otherwise.

bmasters9

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
My only real contribution to the great debate is that I always prefer having my tea out of a mug with the handle on the left hand side. I can't seem to pick the mug up properly otherwise.

I'm right handed, so I use the mug with the handle facing to the right.

Mo Mouse

LV

Reaction score
Awards
I've just had a mug of tea and I used my right hand to drink it with. I didn't have any sugar in it though.

Okay, I think that's everyone up to date with all my news.

Crimson

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I drink my coffee (both hot & cold brew) with French vanilla creamer, which is already pretty sweet so no additional sugar is needed. In fact, I go pretty heavy on the creamer because I don't like the taste of coffee too much. If someone would invent French vanilla cream with caffeine, I could just bypass the coffee entirely.

Seaviewer

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I don't drink tea or coffee. I just never developed the taste for them - although, oddly, I do like coffee-flavoured ice cream.
I do like cocoa which I drink left-handed despite being right-handed.

Mo Mouse

LV

Reaction score
Awards
The debate rages on. If I may, I'll throw into the mix that I had a cup of decaf coffee today. It was alright.

Cutie

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Favourite Movie
Vivre Sa Vie
I prefer really bitter coffee.
My first cup in the morning I take with a tea spoon of solid coconut oil. And froth the coffee before the coconut oil melts into the cup completely. It’s really smooth and I know it’s definitely the Placebo but I feel it helps boost and wake me better. ( Cause MCT’s can directly go into to the liver and be metabolized into ketones.)
My other 3-4 cups I do a splash of milk just to give it a bit of color.
I haven’t had coffee with sugar, sweeteners, syrups etc in so long but I probably wouldn’t like it.
Tea it just doesn’t do it for me I’d rather drink spicy soup in a cup rather than tea. Sorry :/

The Lovely Sue Ellen

LV

Reaction score
Awards
So if this is this the worst problem I have, I'm blessed. I went to get coffee yesterday, and when I arrived at work I discovered they had put sugar in it. I always emphasize, "No sugar." I have a sweet tooth, but for some reason putting it in my coffee or tea makes it undrinkable. I can only have a little bit of milk in my coffee, and as far as tea goes it can't have anything in it.
Anyone else who can't drink coffee with sugar?
I have to have sugar with coffee, but with Tea..... no sugar! I can not stand sweet tea
Disgusting and undrinkable

Marika

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I only drink coffee once in a blue moon, but if I do, I need to add a bit of sugar, otherwise it's too bitter.

With tea, it depends on the flavour ... I usually only add sugar to black tea.

bmasters9

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
With tea, it depends on the flavour ... I usually only add sugar to black tea.

I never do that-- it's always straight-up for me.