• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

DYNASTY Videos

Alison Carr

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I think this is a rare find from 19851! Linda Evans mention the Moldevia cliffhanger here too

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Linda is naturally gracious about Joan Collins.

I wonder what two times prompted Linda to request a meeting with Aaron Spelling?
1. Get Rita out of the attic
2. Get me off the show!
"Don't take the tuna off of the Craft Service table."

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Interesting interview with Joan about her Spectacular fragrance. It's after Dynasty had finished and before the Reunion. Joan mentions that the Reunion miniseries may not go ahead as someone's agent had asked for too much money? I wonder who she's talking about? I guess it could only be one of the leads? John or Linda? As everyone else was probably non-essential to the producers.

GillesDenver

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I don't know what happened but Joan Collins looks awful in that video. She looks older as she is now. And the interviewer, Bella Shaw, looks like a man with make-up while she was quite pretty at that time :

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I don't know what happened but Joan Collins looks awful in that video. She looks older as she is now. And the interviewer, Bella Shaw, looks like a man with make-up while she was quite pretty at that time :
I agree Joan looks tired and older in the clip. She says she's been all across America with the perfume and probably book signings and the like. I guess she was burned out. The wig/piece she's wearing is pretty awful on her, it's almost yaki texture and it looks off.
The interviewers makeup is very harsh, I think. I love that Joan loves her catalogue outfit.

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Interesting interview with Joan about her Spectacular fragrance. It's after Dynasty had finished and before the Reunion. Joan mentions that the Reunion miniseries may not go ahead as someone's agent had asked for too much money? I wonder who she's talking about? I guess it could only be one of the leads? John or Linda? As everyone else was probably non-essential to the producers.
The show's disinformation agents put out a story that Linda was holding out for more money. Her agent said in the press: "that's a bald-faced lie.'

Linda and John were dragging their feet because the script sucked.

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
The show's disinformation agents put out a story that Linda was holding out for more money. Her agent said in the press: "that's a bald-faced lie.'

Linda and John were dragging their feet because the script sucked.
Makes you wonder what horror lurked in that first draft. I mean the Reunion is satanic as it is, how could it be worse?

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Makes you wonder what horror lurked in that first draft. I mean the Reunion is satanic as it is, how could it be worse?

I don't know if the script was fixed. Aaron nudged John and Linda to get on board lest the cast and crew be put out of work.

Brian Kinney

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I can't upload a video from Tuesday's This Is Us season finale (S5E16) because there is none on YT with those scenes in which Rebecca desperately wants to see the wedding in Moldavia. Rebecca and Jack argue about that for quite a while in the 1985 timeline because the Moldavian Massacre is mentioned later too.

After that a big discussion. A few months later it turns out that Jack knows what happened and spoils it before Rebecca has a chance to watch it.

Ken Olin who spent his time in 1985 at Falcon Crest directed this episode. The dialogue about the show's decline is pure TellyTalk though...

Last edited:

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Dynasty does The Love Boat

I wish someone would upload the full episode of Fantasy Island where Joan plays Cleopatra, supposedly the performance that made Aaron and co decide on casting her as Alexis. I have never seen it, and been unable to find it for years. I'm sure it's garbage, as it's Fantasy Island, but I just need to see it.