Was this development in Dallas?
![]()
Interesting question, MT. I've never looked. Maybe one of the others has. I would assume yes it was, as at that point much of the show was filmed in Dallas. I'll have to watch this scene again for location clues.
Was this development in Dallas?
![]()
Still searching for Swellen's townhouse. Looks like she's on a corner. There's a house to the left of her L/R window over the bush, facing her. I think there's another series shot showing the home on a corner. This is a tough one! Took a long shot and reviewed townhomes on Realtor.com in Dallas and Culver City (general LA has too many).
View attachment 17117


Interesting question, MT. I've never looked. Maybe one of the others has. I would assume yes it was, as at that point much of the show was filmed in Dallas. I'll have to watch this scene again for location clues.
I think I've found it!
Awesome find! Way to go! I can’t believe how much time I spent looking for this.I think I've found it!
View attachment 17284View attachment 17285
It is in Dallas. The building matches, even the roof vent. The two trees and the sidewalk match too.
Those mysterious shiny pieces that you could just make out on the roof, above the window and on the neighbors by their fireplace are skylights.
It's a four unit townhouse, built in 1976. It looks like their are two floorpans and a flipped version of each. So at the other end of the building it appears there is a mirror image of this one.
It's on the corner of and Emerson Avenue and Preston Road.
I agree. I think Guzzler only appears in CA.It was probably in California, as the pool scenes in that important episode were on the LA soundstage.
Whatever the location, Bobby’s decision to use composition tiles instead of shingles was a wise one!
I'm on S8. My short list for now as:
Rebecca's house (above)
- Swellen's townhome
- Jenna's apt - with the rock wall/fountain at the sidewalk.
- Katherine's home she "bought back the home she was raised in"
![]()
Kath's house "she bought"
View attachment 17169
Others will come up while watching, or will come up from the buried depths of my fading memory.
My guess is, that bar and cement wall next to it was where the temple is now, on Washington Ave. Great pic, Guzzler.
View attachment 17248
is this accurate as far as what we see out of JR's office?
![]()
maybe that view is from that white building with the small windows to the left of the 'sculpture building' in this google maps screenshot? The 'sculpture' is probably just a cool-looking antenna, I guess.
(is that the Bryan Tower that I'm pointing out? aka the first Ewing Building? It's thinner that I would have thought - I figured it was square-shaped like the Ewing Building of subsequent years.)
I think I've found it!
View attachment 17284View attachment 17285
It is in Dallas. The building matches, even the roof vent. The two trees and the sidewalk match too.
Those mysterious shiny pieces that you could just make out on the roof, above the window and on the neighbors by their fireplace are skylights.
It's a four unit townhouse, built in 1976. It looks like their are two floorpans and a flipped version of each. So at the other end of the building it appears there is a mirror image of this one.
It's on the corner of and Emerson Avenue and Preston Road.
I don't think this one has been mentioned but if it has sorry. This was pretty easy since they give the address in the episode. Interestingly it's an LA address for what's supposed to be Dallas.
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
Interestingly it's an LA address for what's supposed to be Dallas.
This is an example of how technology has changed. Why not grab up a Dallas address for accuracy?
Well, two very good reasons.
1. Today, anybody on the crew could just look up a random address in Dallas and use it. But back then there were no smartphones, internet, or GPS. And it would be unlikely that a Dallas phone book would be laying around where they were filming in Los Angeles.
2. Who needs accuracy? Back then, TiVo and DVRs hadn't been invented yet. So nobody would do a freeze frame and look closer at the address. The audience would see the address for a few seconds and that was it.
Which leads us to an interesting thought. Imagine this: It is a long time ago and you are working on the crew filming Dallas. And a person walks up to you and says, "40 years from now, fans from around the world will still be talking about these scenes and even that scrap of paper."
Would you even believe it?
Well, I'm lost now. Don't know what to do with myself. My scanning skills need tuning...maybe I should just focus on that. (For Swellen's townhome, I scanned between Tollway-75/635-downtown, and missed it.)I guess your short list is complete! Time for some more!

